ferrari vs the rest... | FerrariChat

ferrari vs the rest...

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by bostonmini, Nov 27, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Ok, i know this comparison is crazy, but I had to throw in a few older cars that I think are nearly perfect....which and why guys! 355 berlinetta, 993 TT, Ford GT, 360 Modena? I think they are all in a dead heat, so good in there own ways! the only thing I wish is that ferraris were more easily modable;) like how an exhuast can net a good 30 HP on a 993TT...can a 355 be made to run a mid 12 quarter....? Or hit 60 in the lower 4's?

2. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    The Porsche is a turbo, therefore gains are much easier and larger. As for the 355 running 12's, well yes, very easily, its called a 100shot.

3. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    HAHA! allan makes a winning point, Nitrous will certainly bring a 355 down in times, but i was thinking of going along the NA route, maybe meaner cam profiles, ECU (one that works! not just one you pay for!) and I dunno, exhaust? anyhow, I remember a guy marketing an "Iding-Power" 355...anybody remember that? it performed even better than a 360 as i recall...I love the 360 but i dont think it has such a timeless shape as a 355...and to me, the best porsche ever was the 993 turbo...so much...i dunno, more 911 than the 996...