Ordered a new Murci today!! | FerrariChat

Ordered a new Murci today!!

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by simon355, May 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George
    Well,I was gonna keep my gob firmly shut until the great day,but just can't resist mouthing off about my new Murcielago which arrives in September.Gone for Arancio Atlas with dual tone black/crema interior but no satnav.It was gonna be the Gallardo but I've always loved the Murci,its such an enormous car and Steve & Tom at Lambo London are just too enthusiastic,it looks more Italian too. My first love will always be Ferrari but from September i'm embarking on a passionate affair with the devil for as long as i can afford it!! Interesting though,I know finance is not everyones cup of tea, but with the balloon payment at the end of the agreement the monthly payments with a £30K deposit are'nt too horrendous. I know i'm crazy but f**k it. Gonna be a few sleepless nights I know. So anyone looking for a well used 355 Spider August time let me know. By the way,i'm still coming on driveouts whether anyone likes it or not!!
    I'm going to Leeds now to get pissed and wonder what the hell i've just done.

2. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George
    By the way Arancio is the pearlescent orange!

3. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H

Wicked ! Brave man but good luck to you .
    Regards

4. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    Simon,

Top marks for your "what the phuq" attitude. With that kind of perspective you'll have a real laugh with it!

5. 456mgt

456mgt Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2002
    Cambridge UK
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Nice one Simon! Is that the same colour as the Murci they have in the showroom at the moment? Works damn well if it is.

Having experienced this car both with and without Tubi, if it were me I'd get them to fit one before delivery. Totally transforms the 'feel' of the car and makes it a truly visceral experience. Lucky guy!

Kevin

6. Dan_London

Dan_London Karting

Mar 2, 2004
    Sussex, UK
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Nice one Simon. I've just been dribbling over a charcoal one in Joe Macari's workshop.

Remember - on your deathbed you'll only regret the things you didn't do :)

Dan

7. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    Nicely put.....

8. Gimme Fuel

Gimme Fuel F1 Veteran

Mar 15, 2003
    In my 348
    Full Name:
    Paul (Norway)
    WOW...that is the MOST beautiful color on the Murcie EVER!!!
    Good luck with your new car when she finaly arrives, hope you'll post som pix of her :)

Paul
    www.SuperCarCrash.com

9. F308 MAN

F308 MAN F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Isle of Man
    Full Name:
    Dave S
    kevin, what does visceral mean, please ?

regards, "thick", isle of man

10. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George
    Thanks Kevin,yea that car you mentioned was sold today (friday) while I was there.Same colour but did'nt go for an orange interior! Manu at Scuderia is sorting the Tubi.The cats are staying, as they are in the manifold anyway but tubi it will have! The weight of the standard exhaust is huge so i'm told,with the Tubi a third of that. Like to know your thoughts on the driving experience if you've time.

11. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George
    I think it means sort of 'animal like' Dave! See you Sunday

12. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George
    Be a pleasure paul, but as long as it is'nt via your website mate!

13. F308 MAN

F308 MAN F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Isle of Man
    Full Name:
    Dave S
    Couldn't have been much of a night out ......you could still spell when you came home !
    Should have gone to wakefield !
    cheers, d

14. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    Simon that is soooooooooo great. Please PM about the finance arrangement. If you do not mind. Might be interested too.
    Well my wife will not be because I need a 2+2 at the moment.
    Their a is Murci going through the auction next month, its registration is 24 EC in the same orange colour. It was at Donington last year at the Ferrari Festival. Its a finance repossession. The reserve is around £90,000 pounds for 2003 car with 6,000 miles on it...

15. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    Simon , I bet you wish you could have it now for the summer..... Your a bad boy for changing to a Lambo. Well I would do the same and I might...

16. 456mgt

456mgt Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2002
    Cambridge UK
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    What it means is connects directly to your guts; what I mean is a raw, intense experience Dave. When I drove a standard Murcielago, it didn't have much impact on me- well-sorted, fast but somehow not particularly involving. Got out of it and forgot about it. I'd written it off until a couple of months ago, when I went off with Manu in a Tubi'd car. What a difference! The car really does bellow like a bull, and snorts and pops on the over-run. It's just amazing. An incredible buzz- the car goes like the clappers, and sounds like it's going like the clappers too. I got into the 456 afterwards and thought "this is pretty damn tame". I'm a great believer in that the way a car sounds should be in tune with it's character, and this combination is bang on.

The only thing I didn't like was the engine 'hunting' when we were stopped at lights etc. Apart from being irritating, drivers in other cars thought we wanted a race. I assume the ignition was out on this car.

Incredible car, incredible sound. Simon is a lucky guy.

17. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    Dictionary definition,

Visceral - adj;derived from or prompted by a natural tendency; "an intuitive perception"

But then I'm just a dictionary laden nerd!! But Kev has got the feel of it bang on, but the, hey, he's got a Strad!

18. jjustin

jjustin Karting

Jan 20, 2004
    East Anglia - UK
    Full Name:
    Justin.b
    Since I first read this post yesterday, I can't stop thinking about you getting the Lambo!

I don't even know you but I'm so excited for you!
    Nice one mate :D

19. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    hear! hear!

we'll all be waiting with baited breath for the pics - that sounds gorgeous - congrats!

doody.

20. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Good on you mate. Have to say that I got very close to cancelling the CS and getting a Mucri when I got back from fiasco factory collection - it's way more wicked than the Gallardo and it's a real supercar

21. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George
    Thanks to all of you for the encouraging remarks! One thing for sure it will be the most well used Murci ever! Its coming out whether there's rain snow or a bloody hurricane. I'll let you know when I get a firm del date and of course post the pics when it arrives. And if anyone wants a blast then,then they only need ask. Never have i wanted Summer to be over so quick! To be honest I only ever started my own business in property cos i'd dreamed of owning a new Ferrari,so when this day arrives it will be very emotional! Thanks again

22. ric355

ric355 Guest

Dec 21, 2003
    #22 ric355, May 9, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  23. Furby

Furby Rookie

Feb 10, 2004
    Rome, Italy
    Now that's one good piece :O

24. Stewart 430

Stewart 430 Guest