New FNA dealer in Vancouver yet? | FerrariChat

New FNA dealer in Vancouver yet?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by f355spider, Nov 13, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Anyone have any news (or even rumors) on what is going on? I asked Roy Kan, the Western Canada FCA regional director and he said the only rumor he had heard was that Ferrari of Ontario might be interested in the Vancouver franchise, but nothing to confirm or deny that rumor.

After this many months, I would have thought an announcement would have been made by now...I'm just a little surprised that such a major marketplace would be left without an outlet to purchase a new car.

I'm wondering, who is delivering the cars that were on Brian Jessel's backorder list? Ferrari of Ontario? I can't imagine they just dumped all those orders out of the system.

2. ferrariguy

ferrariguy Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2002
    Victoria, BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Lawrence Yee
    Hi Dave,

I've heard the same rumour.

I also just got in the mail a flyer from Brian Jessel Ferrari of sale items from their stock and maintenance winter specials. Obviously they're still maintaining F-cars. Lots of stuff including clothes at up to 40% off!

3. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Are they open on Saturdays? I may come up either the 22nd or 29th. I was just up last weekend.

4. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    I got that letter too Lawrence, I'll have to head down there and do some early Christmas shopping...

I haven't heard anything either. And I'd imagine that either FofOnt or FofQue will deliver any new Ferraris that were ordered from BJ before the shut-down...

As for why its taking so long, maybe Ferrari is prioritising other locations over us.

5. ferrariguy

Aug 17, 2002
    Victoria, BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Lawrence Yee
    Hi Peter,

yeah Christmas shooping for me too (for myself! :) )

David,

I don't know if they're open Saturday but call Shanna Kerr at (604) 215-8778. She'll fix you up.

6. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Kerr? Did Shanna get married? Sigh... :-(

7. steve2814

steve2814 Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2002
    Brian Jessel is still servicing cars?? Where is this located? Is it at the same place where the dealership was?

8. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    The same mechanics are there, Tim the parts guy is still there, they still service them and provide parts for. Same location...

...Its just that its a Kia dealership now...

9. brian

brian Rookie

Nov 19, 2003
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I know FNA is planning to reopen in Vancouver and it is a new dealer.

10. ferrariguy

Aug 17, 2002
    Victoria, BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Lawrence Yee
    Hey Dave! I think Shanna did get married. But hey! you HAVE a girlfriend already... I hope she didn't read what you posted!