Saturday 11/29 Fcar drive? | FerrariChat

Saturday 11/29 Fcar drive?

Discussion in 'New England' started by Birdman, Nov 24, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Hi Everyone,
    So I know the weather was great last weekend, but since nobody was available (including myself) I'm throwing out the idea of a drive this Saturday (pending weather). I have no ideas beyond that and welcome suggestions. I'm just looking for an excuse to get out and drive the car before it gets snowed in!

Jonathan

P.S. Steven, did you go to the beach last weekend?

2. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Jonathan,

Sounds good to me. Let's make plans :)

Last week i went to "All The Mall You Ever Need" (read: Manchester Mall). Was thinking about doing the beach and would have gone IF there was someone with me. Sad thing is, got sooooo board driving due to heavy traffic i actually (GASP) turned on the radio. First time i heard it since March. Yup, still sounded like dog crap. Sad huh?

Enjoy the Drive,

Steven R. Rochlin

3. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K
    Speaking of the beach...I was out to Duxbury on the So. Shore on Sunday. Took a long walk and bumped into a pile of guys having a serious party with their suv's as a wind break and watch'in the Pats game with a TV set up on a table. Pretty cool. Anyways, I should be around this weekend. So pencil me in for something. Would like to meet and greet.

Kenny K.

4. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    Hmm,
    I made it to the registry today, so my car is legal again.
    Long-range weather sounds OK for Saturday.

Now I have to decide how much to trust my water pump.
    Probably a lot as last time it ran all summer before i figured out what was bad the last time it went. This time I suspect that the seal is just weeping a bit.

Anyway, I'm interested.

5. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Woo Hoo!! Now we're getting somewhere. Doody???

6. Tom S

Tom S Formula Junior

Jan 2, 2003
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Thomas Saupe
    Weather and wife permitting, sounds like a good idea. Any ideas of when and where?

tom

7. Theo

Theo Formula Junior

May 6, 2002
    Westford, MA
    Full Name:
    Theo Pappas
    I may be available as well. It's too early to tell yet. Keep me posted of the when and where.

8. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    I might just be able to swing this if its not a whole day kinda-thing.

Esp since the forecast for Sat is partly Sunny, with possible snow for Sunday. This really might be the last hurrah before Garage-time.

9. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    My thought was to meet at location A, then drive to location B for some lunch, hang out, talk cars, then split up and drive home. It would only take a couple hours and be good for some easy fun. It looks like we have people interested from the north, south and west, so we might want to meet someplace in the middle such as my house or Verell's house (or someplace else...I'm open to suggestions). I'm in North Reading, 8 minutes off Rte 93. The question is where to go for lunch? (My only suggestion is someplace where we can keep an eye on the cars while we eat!!) I was thinking something like a good pizza place but then again my wife says I have crappy taste in food. Pizza is gourmet dining to me.

Birdman

10. spivy

spivy Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Newton, MA
    Full Name:
    Gene Spivak
    Post details. I will try to make it.

Spivy

11. WAR EGL

WAR EGL Formula Junior

May 8, 2003
    SE Connecticut
    Full Name:
    TWS
    Depending on how the weekend goes, I may be in. Once we have definite details on time and location, I'll be able to determine if I can make it.

TWS

12. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    whoops - i somehow missed this thread! thanks to dan360 for nudging me.

i have to work on friday (feed the need!) so i'm not sure the boss will let me off my leash on saturday. if it's just for a few hours i might be able to jiggle it. i actually had a meeting scheduled for saturday that i just moved to friday, so let me see what i can do.....

as for snow and other long-term weather issues, i just committed to a storage facility for the 550 starting 12/15, so i won't permit any snow until sometime after that date --- so i think we should be all set ;).

maybe a location right off 95 between 90 and 93?

maybe the Joe's American Bar and Grill in Woburn off the 95 Washington St. exit - the exit before 95/93?

there's a decent italian place (Luigi's?) in bedford about a mile or so west on 4/225 (Exit 31B) in the Bread & Circus mall. no ability to view the cars while eating BUT they have a HUGE unused parking lot, so we could park them all well out of the way with no real risk of someone dinging doors up.

just some ideas......

doody.

13. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    The Joe's American Bar and Grill sounds pretty easy from all directions. I have been there once. Doody, is that the exit where (if you're going North on 128) the mall is on the left side of the highway and the exit is on the right near the old Bliss Marine?

Do you think that parking lot would be OK? (I know I am paranoid here...but since I have the cheapest car of the bunch, it's fitting that I'm the one concerned, eh?)

The food there is not bad and a good selection.

I suggest we plan to meet either a little before or a little after lunchtime so we can avoid the lunch crowd. I would vote to meet at like 1:30 there. That's late enough to miss the big lunch rush and get out before the dinner rush. Those of you coming from the north, we could meet at my place at 12:30 gather and then cruise over. It's about 15 minutes from my house.

I'm open to other options too....start throwing them out if this one doesn't work for yas...

Birdman

14. TCM

TCM Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Tyngsborough, MA
    Would you guys mind if a non Fcar attened as well? My schedule just opened up for Saturday, and it would be nice to put a few faces to board names.

15. Tom S

Tom S Formula Junior

Jan 2, 2003
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Thomas Saupe
    Saturday is beginning to look good assuming the weather holds. Now they're saying scattered snow showers (sorry Doody). I'm not sure of the location, being from outside the 495 belt. Can someone give directions?

Tom

16. Tom S

Tom S Formula Junior

Jan 2, 2003
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Thomas Saupe
    BTW, a safe and happy Thanksgiving to one and all!

17. mondial86

mondial86 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    David Holmes
    I sold my Mondial today ...................but IBOUGHT A 355 YESTERDAY!!!!
    I am carless of Ferrariless for a week or so (I am going to N.H. FOR THE WEEKEND ANYWAYS) I hope the weather holds it will be a long winter if i cain,t drive the 355....

18. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    I can't speak for everyone but I have no problem with non-FCar people showing up as long as they PRETEND to be driving an FCar. Of course, at least showing up in something Italian (Alfa, Fiat, etc.) is better than a Ford Taurus. (Sorry Rex, I couldn't help myself).

As for directions, assuming everyone is cool with this...

Get on Rte 128/95. If you are coming from Rte 93, go SOUTH on 128 (it's only 1 exit from 93, so don't get in the fast lane!) If you are coming from the Mass Pike, go North on 128. Get off at the Washington street exit (I'm 95% certain it's exit 34.)

If you are heading South on 128, get off the exit, take a left at the lights and the restaurant is down a 1/2 mile or so.

If you are heading North on 128, get off the exit, left at the top of the ramp to go over the highway, then left again at your next set of lights, past the Lowes (Home Improvement megastore) and keep going. The restaurant is down a half mile or so.

Anyone coming from North that wants to meet at my place, please e-mail me for directions. 12:30 at my place and 1:30 at the restaurant? [email protected]

Please let me know if this works. Looking forward to seeing you all. (If it snows, I'm not coming!! Sorry!) Lets keep an eye on the weather.

Have a great Thanksgiving.

Birdman

19. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    Yahoo weather is still forecasting sunny/cloudy and no precipitation...

I'm up for it - Houston has given clearance for liftoff.

20. pete04222

pete04222 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Maine, USA
    Full Name:
    Peter Cyr
    I wish I could make it out and meet up with you guys. I am leaving for work today and will be gone until the middle of Dec. I think my Ferrari driving is done until '04. I will probably end up pulling the battery out of it when I get back.

Birdman, just out of curiousity, approximately how long does it take to get to your place from Boston? This is for future reference.

21. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    you might as well insult my mother, birdman! :)

it sounds like we have a plan, gents!

[size=+2]13:30 ET Saturday 11/29/03[/size]

Joe's American Bar & Grill
    311 Mishawum Rd.
    Woburn MA 01801
    781/935-7200

http://www.bbrginc.com/joes/
    map below. you can see 95, 93, washington st, and mishawum. N is straight up.

if you're coming up 95N, you can actually see the restuarant from the highway, on your left, before you take the Washington St. exit. the restaurant is basically located BEHIND a hotel, but there's a big sign out on the road - you can't really miss it.

the parking lot is good sized, but not gigantic. as birdman suggested, at this hour we should miss all the real congestion. should be no drama. if you drive through their parking lot and by the front entrance of the restaurant there's more space on the other side of the building.

houston on this end has not yet cleared launch, but i think i can swing it.

the weather forecasts i'm looking at this gobble-gobble morning show wind, but nothing more. the worst i can find is some lingering light rain from friday in the we wee hours (01:00, 02:00, etc.).

doody.

22. zan

zan Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2002
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Mark M
    Sounds good, I have to work in the morning, but I think I can finish early.

23. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    SWEEEEET! Sounds like a plan.

Pete, my house is 20 minutes from downtown Boston (with no traffic) straight up 93. Early in the morning with no traffic I can make the airport in 23 minutes.

Those of you coming down 93 to get to this lunch, my house is only 8 minutes out of the way if you want to meet there at 12:30 for a caravan over. I'm sure Verell will join me, so Steve if you want to and anyone else, we can make a little Ferrari noise on the way!!

I figure by Saturday you might have your appetites back. Have a great Thanksgiving. Go easy on the gravy!

Birdman

24. TCM

TCM Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Tyngsborough, MA
    Sounds great, looking forward to meeting everyone!!

25. ETW

ETW Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Hey guys, I think I will be able to come. Do you mind that I dont have a Ferrari though? We would be coming in a Lexus SC430. Maybe I'll put some Ferrari stickers on it so I can blend in with you guys. I cant wait to see the cars!

BTW... Tom S, I beleive I have met you before. This is Evan, the kid you met at that car show, and you gave me a ride in your 328. I'll be looking forward to seeing you again.