Do you catch your feet on the door treads ?? | FerrariChat

Do you catch your feet on the door treads ??

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by peajay, May 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. peajay

peajay Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2002
    near Paris, France
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I often seem to catch my feet on the aluminum door tread plate on my 328, and so do my passengers. Looking at them it is clear that they have lifted up a little so previous owners must have had the same problem. The more you catch them the worse they get. I was thinking of trying to slide some double sided tape in there to try and stick them down. Anyone found a solution for this ??

2. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    Replacements are available from Ferrari UK parts. I'm also having some carbon fiber doorsills being manufactured (to match my CF shift knob) -- they will fit both 308s and 328s, expected to sell for about $125 per pair.

3. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    If you remove them, you can re-bend them. A little arch in the middle, and maybe just a bit of pliers tweak at the edges. When you re-install, the screws should push down the arch, holding the edges down. If that doesn't work you can always opt for new splash plates later.

4. peajay

peajay Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2002
    near Paris, France
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Where are the screws located ? I don't see any on mine so I had guessed that they are glued on ??

5. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Both of mine get caught from time to time. Mine look to be held on with double sided tape as well, so I assume that was factory. I just try to be careful, since pulling them up to reattach would probably destroy the thin aluminum.

Dave