Ebay stuff | FerrariChat

Ebay stuff

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Modificata, Nov 18, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    Just got delivery of some stuff I ordered on Ebay.

1. Ferrari World Videos Vol 1-7
    Vol 1-Ferrari 348tb.
    Vol 2-Ferrari F40.
    Vol 3-Ferrari Testarossa.
    Vol 4-Dino 246.
    Vol 5-Ferrari 365GTB/4 Daytona.
    Vol 6-Ferrari 288 GTO.
    Vol 7-Ferrari F 355 Berlinetta and Spyder

2. Ferrari Story Mag- about the Mondial (of course!).

Paid £39 quid for the video set. Pretty cheap I thought! Havent seen them yet but I will as soon as I get a chance.

Wondering if you guys have purchased much off Ebay or is it just me who is addicted???

2. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    oh yeah, that addiction comes easy.

who was it that said they didn't want to own a ferrari 'cuz you have to collect so many books and other memorabilia junk if you're a ferrari fan?

too true!

doody.

3. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    I know that feeling. I bought one book on ebay that I only opened once! 50 years of Ferrari in pictures I think its called. DOnt buy it!!!

4. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    What are the vid's like ? Worth buying ?

5. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    Videos were a little dissapointing. I've only seen the first two and the commentry was a little dry. The 2nd was better than the first, so hopefully the trend will continue and the others will get better.

But i'd still say buy it. Gotta be part of the collection.

Does anyone have a copy of the Clarkson book on Ferrari? Any good? How much are they worth?

6. Malfark

Malfark F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2002
    Mud Island, Europe
    Full Name:
    Markem
    Hi Adnaan,

Phew!! At last I can come out of the closet...YES, I AM AN E-BAY ADDICT!! :D I have tried to cut down over the past 12 months, but I really enjoy the online auction experience!

I have bought the Ferrari 308/328/Mondial manuals on e-Bay as well as the Parts Equivalency List. Do yourself a favour and just avoid the latter if it ever raises its head again - it's a total rip-off.

Aah!! Also got two great autographed photos of Jody Scheckter - one in the Ferrari 312 T4 and the other in the Wolf Racing car.

Cheers, MARK

7. Badapple

Badapple Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2003
    West London
    Full Name:
    Phil
    I think I have the 348 somewhere, can't really remember what it's like. Think i'll fish it out later.
    I might try to find the 355 one, once you have watched it could you tell me if it's any good?
    & don't worry about the addiction to bidding on ebay. My house is top to bottom from signed drumheads to naughty playing cards :)
    One of my 1st buy's was a F40 owners manual.

I did see this dvd though & it's pretty good if I remember
    http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B00004D09J.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

8. Malfark

Malfark F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2002
    Mud Island, Europe
    Full Name:
    Markem
    Yup - I have everything from WW-I postcards to antique maps and pinball memorabilia! Damn - no wonder I had to move 6 tons of stuff to the UK when I relocated :(

Cheers, MARK

9. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    I've got the 4 tape video set of the same thing. Or at least I think its the same. I bought that on ebay too. Now that is recommended!

I was one of the DVDs go through on ebay today for about £13. Bargin!

And Mark I know the feeling. Relocated to and from the UK twice in two years. Its amazing how much junk you can accumulate.

10. stevetr

stevetr Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2003
    Surrey, UK
    Full Name:
    Stephen
    You have to be very careful with ebay, and yes it is extremely addictive! For example, I've built up a decent Snap On tool kit through the site but only by avoiding junk masquerading under descriptions like 'snap on type' or 'Eurotool (Snap On)'. I made one mistake and bought a 'very good condition' tool and ended up with a rusty peice of c**p so now only buy brand new and refuse to accept anything not in original packaging.

Most amazing of all is the number of lots which sell for MORE than recommended retail price. I have actually seen tools sell for twice rrp on occasions! I looked earlier and found tools with a 'buy now' listing set at full rrp. Some sellers are making a lot of money. Caveat emptor!

Steve

11. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Steve dont think i may be of help,but hear goes,built my snap on box up over 24 years,beta tools are qutie nice to use and beat snap on in certain area's,only have a few pieces of beta equipment,ive always deal't with a snap on dealer and a chap that deals in new and good second hand snap on tools off tech's that have for some reason left the trade,pm me what you want and il get you a price and discount,and if the price is to high dont buy it,
    cheers
    Dale.

12. stevetr

stevetr Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2003
    Surrey, UK
    Full Name:
    Stephen
    Thanks Dale. There's always hundreds of snap tool auctions running. I set my max as about 50-60% of rrp and just wait for the right tools to turn up. I don't have any specific wants any more as my kit is fairly comprehensive, but thanks for the offer.

Steve

13. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Ok steve,no problem
    cheers
    Dale.