It's Alive! | FerrariChat

It's Alive!

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by zsnnf, Nov 27, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    My F40 is up and running again and waiting for the next Ferrari drive!
    After finding out an Original Alternator would be $850 and there aren't any in the country, I decided to try and have mine rebuilt. Ray at Costa Mesa Generator did an awesome job. He replaced the Stator, the diode trio and the regulator. Total cost $120!! He removed and replaced a broken bolt and installed a missing shroud. Took less than a day. It took me about an hour to remove it and another hour and a half to put it back in.
    This car is fun to work on.
    Anyway, let's Drive!

Happy Thanksgiving,
    Rick

2. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Hi Rick,

you gents in SoCal drives me always crazy & envious....driving in December with your Ferraris on the road:)
    Always summer - fantastic!!!!
    In Germany its right now cloudy & it rains. Only 5 degrees.....something like f**** cold and we are waiting for the damn snow. No way to drive the Ferrari:( during Winter and all the snow.

Enjoy your drive & sunny California!

Wolfarossa
    FORZA FERRARI

3. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Wolfgang, next time your out in Southern California let us know and we can take you on a drive :)

Id love to meet some European Fchatters.

Rick, glad to hear the gar is up and running! Just in time for a Thanksgiving cruise to my house? :)

4. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    @Jordan,
    thanks a lot for the invitation, what a pleasure for me.
    I will be next time in California doing business in January 2004.
    Don`t know, if its far away but I will stay for 5 days in Costa Mesa-Orange County. Must go to Anaheim, Newport and Costa Mesa.
    I will let you know the dates a.s.a.p. and I`m looking forward to CU in sunny California.

Wolfarossa
    FORZA FERRARI

5. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Costa Mesa is only a few miles away from me and quite a few other Fchatters as well! Let me know the dates you will be here and we can get together for lunch!

6. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Rick - That is awesome - And all for $120 - What a deal!!

Wolfgang - Looks like you will be right in our neck of the woods - We all definitely need to get together!

7. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Rick - that's great news. It was too bad about last sunday... Isn't it a great feeling when you find a deal like that? I had my alternator rebuilt as well - all for about $85-90. I'm looking forward to seeing your car on the road...and hearing it, too!

Wolfgang - just to echo jerry and Jordan, you are more than welcome to join us anytime you are here... I live right by Costa Mesa, so please let us know what dates exactly you'll be available, and hopefully, we can accomodate and plan a local drive to welcome you!! :)

-B.

8. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Hello gents,
    once again, thanks a lot for the invitation.
    I have been there (Costa Mesa) many times but I have never seen a Ferrari on the road;-( Just and only a few at the Ferrari dealer in Newport close to Balboa-Island (right spelling?)
    The reason, I`m travelling over to California is the NAMM Show in Anaheim and I run a booth at the Orange County World Guitar Show, January 17-18, 2004 Marin Civic Center.
    I haven`t already booked the tickets but I`m looking forward to travell betwen13.-20. January. So hopefully will find together in this time for a dinner, drink or a drive....I`m open for every kind of fun;-)
    Any Hotel recommendations are very welcome. Usual I stay in the:
    Country Inn & Suites
    325 Bristol Street
    Costa Mesa, CA 92626
    but to be honest - I don`t like it: to expensive for such a less comfort;-(

Have a great & sunny day and sorry I can not reply you within the next 2 weeks. I`m going on vacation to Egypt with my wife from Saturday 29.November till sunday 14.December....looking for some sun.

Wolfarossa
    FORZA FERRARI

9. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Have fun in Egypt! I wish I could be going there with you :)

10. jlm348

jlm348 Formula 3

Nov 26, 2002
    Scottsdale + LA
    Full Name:
    Jean-Louis
    Rick I am glad everything worked out o.k.
    On the drive I got your message but unfortunately it was hours later in the canons, and did not have your number.
    Would you mind e-mailing me your number so I have it for the future.
    [email protected]

Thank you
    Jean-Louis