whats the story on this 355? | FerrariChat

whats the story on this 355?

Discussion in '348/355' started by NYJETSFAN, May 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NYJETSFAN

NYJETSFAN Formula 3

May 11, 2001
    Kalifornia
    Full Name:
    Jr
  2. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    wow 75K one owner! good for him!

of course the "75K Service" isn't really a service worth mentioning. if they in fact "spent thousands" on it they didn't shop around much. the 75K is a 15K - engine oil and filter; air filters; gearbox/differential oil.

the leather needs some serious cleaning, if not more.

and no pics of the potentially messier spots like the center console going gooey or the dash leather receding.

i attached my fave pic though. WTF? did the last test driver get REALLY excited about the car? geez guys - at least clean the damn thing up before you take snaps!

doody.

3. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    Jeez not again... someone just buy this thing and put it out of its misery! I think it's been on eBay 5 times in the last 2 months.

-R

4. SkizoACE

SkizoACE Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2004
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Its just an old new Ferrari. It needs some loving, and loving bad.

5. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
  6. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    Auction ended early because the item is no longer available.. guess someone just called in and bought it. It's about time :)

-R

7. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Ummm, yeah. Until the next time it is listed. ;)

8. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Car looks good to me. I think that there are alot of cars that people over look becourse of high mileage or to many owners ect. Thats a shame becourse does this mean that when they are over 50,000 miles no one wants them? My own 355 spider had 36,000 on it and now has 40,000 on it after being driven hard with out any trouble what so ever worth mentioning. And it had its share of owners that many would not toch it becourse of that reason, there loss, there maybe still looking for the so called right one now.I personaly dont care how many miles a car has on it, or how hard its been driven,as long as its been looked after and every thing is in order, as they say if it smells right and looks right........it probably is right. Some one got to buy them. It seem you cant win buying a bloody ferrari, if its got only 1000 miles on it some say that it not yet been tried and teasted with problems waiting to happen, if its got over 30,000 on it, its got to many. There are no gaurantees no matter what car you buy, one of my frends bought a brand new Merc sl55 a couple of years ago, lemon! F**K me and it was not even a yellow one, he sold it within the year back to a merc dealer, ready to be sold on to the next trusting punter.

9. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK
    Well said - and your car does look in very good knick from photos you've posted. No you can't win - mine 'fell apart' at 20,000 miles. Just pot luck. But now with lots of lovin and cash its back to new... **** happens.

10. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    Welp, this car won't go away... Just showed up on Ebay again, this time in New Jersey. This time it's a "355 Bertinella" "In great condition!!" "one owner car" (even though this dork is the now the 2nd owner...) Oh and the starting bid is at $50k, with a reserve somewhere north of that. Faaaantastic.

-R

11. markcF355

markcF355 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 6, 2004
    Schmeckelstan
    Full Name:
    Mark
    The euro mags have ads for F-cars with this kind of miles all the time.

12. ecadwell

ecadwell Karting

Nov 10, 2003
    Bend, OR
    Full Name:
    Eric Cadwell
    I thought that this might be the same car, but wasn't certain... Hmm, guess the new owner didn't like it too much? Sheesh... $50k+??? Give me a break.