Bush Family: Honest? | FerrariChat

Bush Family: Honest?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by ART360, Nov 27, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ART360

ART360 Guest

2. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I think being a politician & being honest are mutually exclusive, besides Nepotism is a time honored American poltitical tradition, look at JFK, or the 2 Adams Presidents, the 2 Roosevelts were cousins

3. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.
    Yeah...I don't really think it's a mutually exclusive thing that the current adminastration has dibs on.

Art,

Don't forget, Hillary turned $1000 into $100,000 in a few weeks even though:

1) She didn't meet the minimum requirments of $3 million in liquid assets to meet the exchange's "accredited investor" requirement.

2) She technically didn't even put up the money

3) Her broker dealer lied about her trading experience on her client agreement that was registered with the futures exchange.

Sure wish I could get in on such a deal!!!!!!

Regards,

Jon P. Kofod
    1995 F355 Challenge #23

4. ty (360mode)

ty (360mode) Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2002
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
  5. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Jon, getting into a deal like that isn't so hard, it's getting out of it that's a bit sticky!

As a rule, I'm naturally suspicious of anyone wishing to get into politics. There is a friend of ours who grew up next door to Richard Daley (Chicago mayor), and in college we would be able to get into all of those political gala parties. Obviously, we were there for the free booze and food, but it was scary to see guys our age and younger bobbing around in suits, like little automatons, each one a "politician of tomorrow" wannabe. They were scary.

I'm sure if you asked a bunch of politicians why they got into it, you'd find a lot of people who wanted to help the common man and make a difference. It's just so touching to see so many willing to leave successful careers to take public positions that pay less for longer hours. So noble.