3.2 Mondial elec board connector - parts? | FerrariChat

3.2 Mondial elec board connector - parts?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Robin Wells, May 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Robin Wells

Robin Wells Rookie

Aug 26, 2003
    Dubai, United Arab E
    Full Name:
    Robin Wells
    Does anyone know where I can find a replacement plastic block-connector that goes into the side of the electrical board on the 3.2 Mondial?

Because of the design fault where two important wires both go onto one small clip, mine has burnt out a few times (see pic). I'm trying to fix it once and for all, and will need to have some new 'alligator' clip connectors, which are the metal connectors that go inside the plastic block.

Does anyone know I can find these, as I've broken one in trying to make a fix, and may need some more. Or, if the individual metal clip connectors can't be found, can I buy a complete block connector?

Any help much appreciated as car is sitting in the garage, gathering dust.

2. Ferrari_tech

Ferrari_tech Formula 3

Jul 28, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Malcolm W
    Robin,

Don't know if this helps, but we have a front wiring loom that has the connectors you need, although the loom may not fit your car exactly you can cannibalise the loom in order to get you out of trouble, we can do a "special" price of £50.00 plus shipping.

I can post pictures of the loom if you're interested

MW

3. ferrarifixer

ferrarifixer F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 22, 2003
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Phil Hughes
    Ahh, Good old Mondial electrics!

If it wasn't for those, and cambelts, how would the Ferrari technical support industry survive!!!!

That's a great offer from Malcolm, Robin. I've got old damaged looms that have bailed me or customers out many times over....worth every penny.

4. TOM B

TOM B Formula 3

Jul 24, 2003
    Orange County, NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Buckley
    Robin,

Deja vu ! That picture could have been taken of my Mondial in the past. Same problem, same two wires, and the same plastic connector. I replaced my plastic connector twice but the real problem is in a deteriorating printed circuit board inside the fuseblock. Once I replaced that, the electrical gremlins went away.

In the meantime, you can obtain the plastic connector and the metal clips from my dealer. It's not a Ferrari part # but just tell my parts source what it is. My dealer is Wide World of Cars in New York. 845-425-2600. Ask for Dean Romero in parts and say I sent you. He's the best. The connector and a whole fistful of clips cost $12.00. Good luck.

5. Robin Wells

Robin Wells Rookie

Aug 26, 2003
    Dubai, United Arab E
    Full Name:
    Robin Wells
    Many thanks for the help.

Tom, I'll try Dean in Wide World and see what he comes up with. If not, I have to travel to the Uk soon, so may visit Malcolm of Ferrari UK.

I remember seeing your earlier post some months ago when I said I had fixed it....I guess it didn't last.

Got to get that car moving again - gathering dust is no good to anybody!