AHHHHHH They F*@#%D up my snowboard!!!!!!!! | FerrariChat

AHHHHHH They F*@#%D up my snowboard!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by beast, Nov 23, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    I took my snowboard in 2 weeks ago for the shop to put inserts into the board so that i could put a me modern set of bindings on it. The told me that the board would be ready in 2 days 2 weeks later they call up and leave myself a message to call them. I called the next day and they stated that they would not put the inserts into the board, and would not give myself a reason either.

A little background on this board it is well over 10 years old and was custom built for myself by Kemper. This board has been awsome and was in museum condition when i took it in. Even a couple of the salesmen noted that the board "Looked like it had never touched the snow!".

Well i went in to pick it up yesterday and took a look at it and almost had a heart attack. the tail section was all scratched up and gouged. The base has a black stripe that looked as it the board had been take for a rail slide. Also the wax in the sintered base was cracked and separating away from the base.

I the manager refused to recognise the damage and stated that they were not responsable for damage. Even after a salesman told the manager that the board did not have that damage done to it when i brought it in.

This place SUCKS BALLS If you live in the PHx area and want to know who did this PM myself so you dont have to rick damage to your equipment also.

Rob Guess "The Other Rob"

2. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    gouges on the edge of the board

3. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    black marks on base

4. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Cracked and separating wax on base. One item that is not visible is there are prick marks all over the top deck also.

5. ralessi

ralessi Formula 3

May 26, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Rikk
    wow, bummer

what are you going to do? threaten legal action? keep trying to work with the shop to get money for it?

hope it all works out

6. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Rickey;

I am going to explore my options for now and try to get some statements from a few of the salesmen that saw the board when i brought it in. Also a few of mu students saw the board the day i took it in also.

In the mean time i purchased a last years model board to use next weekend in Wolfcreek Colorado. The problem with the modern boards is that they are weaker than the old boards. Hopefully i dont turn this new board into toothpicks internaly in one weekend.

The worse part is that the old board was a custom made one and is to myself priceless. Unfortunatly i dont think a court of law or the shop's owners will feel the same about the value of the board.

7. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Ice pick + sidewalls on 2 tires (esp. if they're next to a curb) = payback

8. fanatic1

fanatic1 Guest

Nov 1, 2003
    columbus
    Full Name:
    philip
    Man I snowboard A LOT......I need to ask........if this board is ridden at all...........ever.......................and the board is 10 years old. How could it not have knicks and gouges, and scrapes and chips etc.....snowboards take a beating and in one season they will get "beat up"....funciton is unaffected but aesthetically, there is no way a 10 year old board could be perfect........I'm not doubting you, but have you ever ridden in...............I can remember last year, I got a new Burton Balance...........first run, went up the chair lift, came down, there was a chip on the left front topside...........don't know when or where it happened on the run.....I can't imagine what a 10 year old board would look like................and if you've been boarding for 10 years you've never done a railslide?????

Anyway, if they did screw up your board, good luck.....hope they are held liable.

9. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Fanatic1;

I am very very picky about what i board on and when i am in a lift line, i stay away from every one else and insist going up single on a double chair. I use this quote "The last time i went up on a full chair i took out the other 5 passengers and caused a lot of delays" They never have any problems granting my wish. On top of that i am more of a powder slut instead of a hanging out in the terrain park. So in your question have i ever done a rail slide? the answer is a big NO. I will try to post a few more pictures of this board and you can see how the rest of it looks. I would say that i have almost 450 days on this board. Even though it is old, Foy myself it is like that favorite t-shirt you never want to get rid of.

10. fanatic1

fanatic1 Guest

Nov 1, 2003
    columbus
    Full Name:
    philip
    In 10 years you've never tried a board slide?

I'm not a terrain park guy either......I like the big, back hills, carving the powder all the way down..............but I have been in a terrain park a couple of times.........good fun for an hour or so............I do hope they fix your board if they screwed it up.........but live a little! :) A 10 year old board is an old board....technology, wieght, flex, durability, edges, technology has come a long way, as the sport has.......time for a new "t-shirt" !!

:)

11. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Fanatic1;

I have tried a few of the more modern boards for my size of my feet and weight the stiffer old school boards seem to work better for myself. I am going to take to board back to NM, and have my old board tech take a close look at it. Hopefully he will be able to tell myself what they did and if there is any internal damage done to it. If all is well i am going to have him put the inserts in.

In the Mean time i picked up a 03 K2 Spitfire wide to use. The main issue with the K2 is that it is about 11 CM shorter than what i prefer. I will see how it works the weekend in Wolfcreek Colorado since they have the most snow in the country as of today.

If my old t-shirt does bite the dust i will just have to order a custom built to my spec's board with a F1 themed top deck and a rosso corso base with Ferrari and the S-F sheild on it.

12. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    Damn Rob, This sucks!! And to think, I just took my board in to get tuned up on Sunday!!

My Burton Custom was bought in Feb of this year, and saw 6 awesome days at Kirkwood, and it has it share of bouncing of trees and other thinks with two sticks attached........and many battle wounds. I know it has setmential value to you so, sorry to hear about your dilema...

As I sit here watching the Warren Miller 4 DVD set i just bought on Sunday, I am getting amped!! And just got my Heavenly Season Pass on Saturday.....if you're ever near Lake Tahoe....PM me...I will be there a LOT this year.

R

13. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    redhead;

I might be up aroung Tahoe X-mas time if they get hammered with snow like last x-mas. This year i am planning on summit county for the holiday and will be at WolfCreek Colorado this weekend. I may be down but i am not out.

14. ctanner

ctanner Rookie

Nov 12, 2003
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Hey Rich,

Shopping at Albertsons I see. That pass looks like a deal. Almost bought it myself. But, my kids are doing the ski (daughter) and snowboard (son) teams at Diamond Peak this year, so I'll be there every weekend thru March. We're going to lease a house in Incline for the winter.

I hope you like Heavenly. I am quite fond of it. Lots of people bad mouth it, mainly because it can get crowded on the Calif side. But Nevada is great. Learn the flat spots to avoid and the place is great. And Kirkwood is awesome, we're hoping to go in December and in April.

Ciao,
    Chris Tanner

15. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~

Ciao Chris,

Yeah...I am one of those that bad mouths Heavenly, but more friends got passes there than anywhere else, so, hoped on the band wagon. Cool to here about the kids!! Thats sweet! Maybe we should plan a lil trip to Tahoe and terorize that mountains as only we can!!! Hope to chat with you soon..Feel free to call me at work, or bring the 348 by.

Ciao

R

16. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Well i receved some good news friday from my former board tuner in NM. He said that he can find no internal damage to my board. He does agree that they did abuse the board while it was in their hands.

As for getting inserts put in for a newer binding i am still stuck since he no longer offers that service. So my old board still may be out of commision for the season. About the only option he can think of is making a plate that will screw into the burton binding screw holes that has the 4x4 holes threaded into it to secure a newer binding onto the plate.

Man this is getting to become a pain in the butt