Can anyone identify this part on a 328 | FerrariChat

Can anyone identify this part on a 328

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by dhs-9, May 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dhs-9

dhs-9 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    I have no photo of the part in question but it is located on the left side of the engine it is connected to or part of the engine block it is right below and somewhat behind the #1 plug wire on the block. It is round and has a single hose attached to it by a clamp and a few bolts around it which closes the cover to the part attached to the block. It is leaking small amount of oil through the gasket. I tried to find it on Ferrari Uk drawings . Anyone know what this part is

2. CraigFL

CraigFL Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2001
    Panama City, FL
    Full Name:
    Craig
    It sounds like the vent from the valve cover that gets routed to the crankcase ventilation valve.

3. carlrose

carlrose Formula Junior

Nov 25, 2003
    This is correct. Held in place by 10mm bolts as I recall. Single round gasket to replace.

:) Carl

4. atlantaman

atlantaman Formula 3

Mar 31, 2002
    Roswell, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Charles
    Confusion here---#1 plug is on the rear right side- not left--would really help to see a pic--or at least a drawing

C

5. dhs-9

dhs-9 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    Does anyone have a part number for the gasket or the formal name of the part so a dealer can locate what I need. Or does anyone know who might have the gasket

Thanks

6. carlrose

carlrose Formula Junior

Nov 25, 2003
    Hi dhs,

Per my catalog part # 119067. McCann's sells for about $4 as I recall. Mine came off in pieces or would send old one along.

:) Carl

7. dhs-9

dhs-9 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    Could you please provide Mcannn's web address or tel #

Thanks

Dave

8. dhs-9

dhs-9 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    Thanks I found it

Dave