Stradale: Little things of interest... | FerrariChat

Stradale: Little things of interest...

Discussion in '360/430' started by dan360, May 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    1K miles up + its of on the FCA-NER NH ramble this weekend which will probably add another 600 or so, so good going so far. Some little observations which I wonder if other owners have observed/agree with:

1. Window lifters.
    a) they pop out pretty easily.
    b) they are always lit up - I asked my dealer about this and after a check with FNA, the response was "that's how its supposed to be".

2. CF Wing Mirrors - make a rather strange noise, this is esp. noticable as you accelerate with the window open in a high gear. I think its the slit in the middle where it will fold in to the car.

3. Check Engine light came on in my car (2 for 2 with my 360s now), this was traced to the valves on the evaporative fuel recycling thingys. Sorry I can't remember the precise technical term, but this is a US only thing in Euro's the evaporated fuel is just vented into the air :). The two valves were leaking in my car and were replaced under warranty. Apparently this has been seen on Maserati's and other 360s. Interestingly when they looked in the computer they saw the "rough road" error as well. The tech's at FoNE had never seen this before, so I guess its more easy to cause it on a CS than a stock 360 (roads in MA are frankly awful).

4. CF braces on the rear view are at just the wrong height for me - they block the view behind of just where the state troopers sneak up on you. Am relying more on the door mirrors than the rear view mirror.

Little things, its a GREAT car :)

Dan

2. thomas_b

thomas_b Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2003
    >>>b) they are always lit up - I asked my dealer about this and after a check with FNA, the response was "that's how its supposed to be".

Yes I did get worried about that too but I found that they switch off – can it be that they are self-illuminating similar to the green light watches have?

>>>Interestingly when they looked in the computer they saw the "rough road" error as well. The tech's at FoNE had never seen this before, so I guess its more easy to cause it on a CS than a stock 360 (roads in MA are frankly awful).

Did you have the car on the dyno? – this signal is generated by the front tires standing still and the rear ones spinning – the signal is used in combination with the misfire detection

>>>4. CF braces on the rear view are at just the wrong height for me - they block the view behind of just where the state troopers sneak up on you. Am relying more on the door mirrors than the rear view mirror.

Yes – same hassle – I wish they had positioned them differently – very annoying since you either have to move your head or use the side mirrors – they block an especially significant location for me - the roof of cars behind you :)

ps. I am at 3500miles :) :) :)

3. 4i2fly

4i2fly Formula 3

Apr 16, 2004
    SF, Bay Area
    Do you think the rough road error stayed in the ECU because of the error you had for ABS/ASR while Dynoing your CS a couple of weeks ago?

4. thomas_b

thomas_b Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2003
    yes - it showed up all 4 times I dynoed my CSs

5. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    Interesting - it seemed to always be on for me. I'll keep an eye on it.

On the rough road thing - I had thought that was related to jerking of timing of the camshafts, i.e reducing the incidence of the light coming on due to a perceived timing problem caused by a big pothole. Interesting that it can have come from the Dyno session.

6. thomas_b

thomas_b Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2003
    I actually checked - mine is off and I parked the car yesterday

The timing actually should closely follow the position info generated from the flywheel – however since the misfire detection is based on rotational speed differences of the flywheel it might get confused by variations (in load) generated by rough roads – the system can not differentiate between lost torque (due to misfire) or load differences due to rough roads – so Bosch has used the ABS/ASR wheel speed signals (delta) to generate the signal that tells the ECU to ignore misfires – you can actually search on the Web and find tons of information about the misfire detection and its problems – there is also a book out there about the Bosch motor electronic including the ME 7.3 used by F