Hey...! | FerrariChat

Hey...!

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by 134282, May 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Hey, everyone...! How's my tri-state family doing...? i hope all is well up there... i hear the weather is getting nicer and nicer each day... It rained here last night- for about 8 minutes... 15 minutes later, the ground was dry... The only time i put my top up is when i go to bed at night... It's really nice down here...

So what's going on up there...? Andrea, Bruce, Josie, August, Louisa, Ken, Linda, John, Adam & Co., Hutch, Monk, Triple Black Farrell, Zaic, ZJPJ, Greg, Sam, all the Long Island folks - how's everyone doing...?

2. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Hey, Carbon. This weekend, I bought an apartment in Manhattan! I'm very excited and hopefully will start moving in some time this summer.

3. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    wow...that's great zipj! hopefully you'll be joining the NYC crew in some runs this spring/summer :)

4. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    I hope so too! I'll be at WWOC this Sunday and hope to come on the Lime Rock run in July.
    Best,
    Zach

5. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

Hiya Carb... glad to hear alls well down in GA. Im really happy for ya. You will be missed @ WWOC this weekend.

Congrats to you too Zach.

6. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Hey Carb, hope things are well. When do we get to see the first issue that reflects your blood, sweat and toil? Or is it already out yet?

Zach, congratulations on your move to New York, and on buying an apartment! Couldn't tell from your profile: which prancing horse do you drive, and where do you anticipate keeping it?

7. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Hey, Vik. No Ferrari at present. I have a Subaru, but I won't bring it to the City - I'll keep it at my parents' house in NJ. I'm buying my first F-car in three years... it's marked on my calendar :) And even though I will still be in NYC, I probably won't keep my Ferrari in the City either. I just don't have the courage!

8. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Makes sense. Welcome to the City. Where did you get your place?

Great shot BTW. I assume that was during the Enzo Who? run?

9. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Great to hear from you. How's it going??
    Sam

10. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Carbon--- I called and left a message the other day to see how you were doing and what you were up to, not good enough for a return!? :)

Hope alls well!

11. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Upper West Side @ 97th street. Yup - Enzo Who run

12. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Just clicked on your site. Cool.
    But what, no "Ode to a Mondial?"

It's not too fast;
    you'll finish last
    but a back seat
    sure is sweet
    I say it's great
    in a Mondial 8

13. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    So hows them peaches!
    Hope all is well. Might have to subsrcibe again to FML......!

Dave

14. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    i dont count as a person :(

15. HUTCH91TR

HUTCH91TR F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Hutch
    Hey there Carbo!!!! How is Southern Hospitality treatin you??? Find youself a sweet southern belle??? I might just have to make a trip and visit you sometime... Keep us all posted up to the second on your adventures in peach land!!
    - Hutch

16. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    Yeah carbon triple black farrell thats awesome how did your tat heal up ?

one more day and my tubi-testpipes arrive and the front challenge grills so siked!

wish you were here !

17. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    I have no desire to start a new thread, but I just wanted to give everyone a shout about The Stable, a car dealership in Gladstone, NJ. http://www.stableltd.com/ They always have a bunch of Astons, and had a black 355 spider recently. I sent an inquisitive email, the content of which isn't important (the important aspect is that it wasn't expressing my desire to purchase one of their cars), and I also sent a number of photos I had taken from the Enzo Who run because I thought the owner might be interested. And what did I hear back? nothing - my queery was never answered, I was not dignified with a response - nothing. I don't know why but it really pi$$ed me off. I guess that's how he chooses to run his business. Personally, I would treat everyone as a potential customer or as someone who knows potential customers. I probably fall into both categories. Well, he's certainly lost my (future) business. I don't know if anyone has experience with them, but I thought I'd say that mine has been extremely negative.

End of thread hijack -

Carbon, does it get humid down there? My brother is in southern Virginia and it's pretty gross there in the summer.

18. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Zack, I know the main sales guy, Marc Talber (sp?), there quite well. They pretty much stick to a small group of collectors that they have dealt with over the years. I'm not saying this is good or bad, just the reality. If you are looking for an original vintage Ferrari, such as a 275 GTB or a Daytona, Marc is a good man to know. But they don't really work much off their web site. If you like, I can introduce you to Marc because this is how he usually works. Most of us old farts are not really that Internet savvy yet.

Take care, Dale

19. jarends

jarends Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2001
    Princeton, NJ
    Full Name:
    John Arends
    Hi Dan, glad your safely in GA. Good for you a great start for a good future.

Good luck, BTW: the 328 is actually running OK. Took WWoC to do it.

John

20. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Carbon, check out Road Atlanta's schedule, they use to have an event called The Walter Mitty Challenge, went 15 years ago and saw some of the best vintage cars in the east.

21. kenster888

kenster888 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Massachusetts
    Don't break too many hearts down there :)

22. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Carbon,

Josie and I are okay. I've been really busy with work. How are things going? How is the Chrysler Sebring 275 GTB/4 Competizione Superleggera 2+2 Speciale? :)

23. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Is that what it is? I thought Carbon drove a MAFIAt...with a hood under the hood.

24. Schnelles Fraulein

Apr 1, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Schnelles Fraulein

neither do i, and i was supposedly his best friend. :(

25. pchop

pchop F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2002
    Usually NY often elsewhere.
    Full Name:
    John
    Dan/DES/Carbon McCoy

Remember, whenever you're back in town, you can always have my driver's seat (while I'm sitting in the passenger seat of course).