Oil or grease on the side windows | FerrariChat

Oil or grease on the side windows

Discussion in '360/430' started by 4RE Bob, May 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4RE Bob

4RE Bob Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Muskoka, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I got my new 360 a few weeks ago. The windows drop 3/4 of an inch when the doors open. When they come back up, the bottom 3/4 of an inch is covered with oil or grease. I wipe it off, but the next door opening, and it's back. There is also the same stuff where the windows meet the seals at the top and rear of the windows. The seal is a kind of felt material. I hope this will go away with time. Anyone else experience this? How do I get rid of it?

2. thomas_b

thomas_b Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2003
    good questions - I had it with all of my 360's - I hoped as you that it would go away - never did - so I clean windows often - annoying

3. docapl

docapl Formula Junior

Apr 26, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    I have it on mine. The dealer did something to improve it once, but grease still on the glass after almost 2 years. Very annoying... I have found that a dilute solution of Dawn gets it off best. Also dont use paper towels that touched the grease on other glass as it spreads it.

4. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman

I picked-up my car as well a few weeks ago and I am experiancing the same problem. I would like to find a solution as well!!

5. 911Fan

911Fan Formula 3

Apr 15, 2004
    Southern California
    Interesting problem you guys have.

Luckily, I've never had this problem with my 360. The only time I get a similar effect is the day after I wash it but obviously it's just water, not grease.

btw, microfiber cloths do an excellent job of getting greasy stuff (like leather conditioner) off of windows.

6. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    It's petroleum jelly that's in the seal for the windows. Without it the windows will not wind travel so well and water will get into the door. I know it's this, I've had two different 360 doors apart to fix the outside door latch