Red calipers on a 348? | FerrariChat

Red calipers on a 348?

Discussion in '348/355' started by Husker, May 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    I was considering painting my brake calipers red. Thought it might be a nice looking accent but I have never seen this on a 348. Thoughts? Opinions?

2. JPF

JPF Formula Junior

Sep 11, 2003
    NY
    Full Name:
    Joshua
    well, if you do it I think you should do it right. Don' paint them, get them powdercoated.

3. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Do it. I agree with JPF, if you decide to do it, get them powder coated. It will cost the same and will last longer.

I had a whole bunch of parts powder coated red on my engine. It was the brightest red that they had. As close to Ferrari red as you could get with powed coating. I think the powder code was RD03. I can look it up for sure if you need it. I have to get the pictures posted one of these days. It really looks sharp. I didn't like all of the nasty black that was in the engine bay. It looked so ugly, and bland. But now with all of the red parts it is really nice to look at.

So I say get the calipers powder coated red. It will really make them look nice.

4. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    Ernie I would really like to see some pictures of your car.

5. ernie

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Aaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!! I can't believe it!

I don't have a digital camera so I had a friend take pictures of the engine while it was out, with his. I just got off of the phone with him. He nuked them off of his hard drive, and he can't find the disk that he burned them on!

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to post the pictures of the engine in the car. I really hope he finds the ones of the engine out. There are a few pictures that are sweet. I had the front of the cam belt cover done and it is looks awesome. I'll see about taking some new pictures, and getting them posted.

6. ernie

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    WhooHoooo

My buddy called me today to tell me that he found the CD with my engine pics on it. I'll get them posted when I have the chance.