NADA GUIDES shows increase in 355 prices | FerrariChat

NADA GUIDES shows increase in 355 prices

Discussion in '348/355' started by drsrock, May 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. drsrock

drsrock Karting

Nov 20, 2003
    Colts Neck, NJ
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I recently bought a 355 f-car. During my 9 month long search I used NADA GUIDES as a benchmark for the prices of 98/99 355 spiders. I found it to be very helpful and accurate. People are asking all kinds of #'s for these cars, but in the end when they finally sell them the price closely reflected given range. If a car was to be traded into the dealer, the price they would pay was very close to "low retail", and a clean top of the line car would sell for "high retail" figures. I saw this time after time with some of the deals I came close to making - the GUIDE was right on!
    SO, imagine my surprise when a week after I bought my car, and went onto NADA site to see how much $ I lost, I saw that the car actually went up in rice 10k! I did not see this rebound last spring. As the matter of fact the prices dropped dramatically then. I don't think it's seasonal. The car shows now to be the same price it was a year ago. It dropped in December the same 10k, and now it is back where it was.
    What's up with that?
    Did the bleeding on 355's finally slow down to a trickle?
    Did these cars find a plateau until the new model is introduced?
    What do you think?

2. 98TDFSpider

98TDFSpider Rookie

Dec 29, 2003
    So you're saying NADA High Retail for a '98 Spider 6-speed in December was approx. $97k compared to today's $107K? I bought mine this past December with 5k miles in like new condition with history, and definitely paid more than $97k and did not see any with that kind of mileage, condition and history for that price (perhaps in a bad color combo?). I suspect $97k was never accurate. I know I lost out in December before finding mine on a '97 TDF Blue Spider with 3k miles that went for $105k.

3. k wright

k wright Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2004
    North East TN
    Full Name:
    Kent Wright
    Why the increase? Pictures of the 420 were released!!

4. Joe G.

Joe G. Formula 3
    BANNED

Dec 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joe Gazzani
    i doubt f355 prices will ever increase

Ferrari built way too many and there's plently of supply

5. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I think 355 prices have, more or less, stablized based on what I'm hearing from dealers.

6. drsrock

drsrock Karting

Nov 20, 2003
    Colts Neck, NJ
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I am saying that the NADA is just a guide, and a pretty accurate one at that. In December 98 6speed spi high retail was $95,100. I am sure they do not take into consideration 30k service, clutch replacement, challenge grill and so on which can easily add 10k to the price. Also understand that eventhough for the purest Ferrari enthusiast 6 speed is desirable, the market discounts for it vs. F1. (which was $102,800 in December)