Rubens pit stop controversy | FerrariChat

Rubens pit stop controversy

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by AnotherDunneDeal, May 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
  2. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    So when ever a Ferrari Mechanic slips or takes 0.1 longer than perfection dictates, it's because Ferrari is wrecking F1.
    Ferrari can do whatever they want. Just in case you didn't know, all of the other teams can do what they want as well. The only good team in F1 this year is Ferrari. BAR and Renault are doing well, but not nearly well enough to win championships. So, there. Ferrari is great this year and other teams can't finish races or their drivers are too slow or their cars are too slow. Ferrari should be given an award to thank them for pushing the boundries of F1. Because it's clear they are the only team that want's to win. All teams other than Ferrari, BAR and Renault are wrecking Formula One. I really don't know why the focus has been shifted to Ferrari these last few years. Everyone should want to win, right? Ferrari does, right? So what's the problem? And if someone says Ferrari is the only team to use team orders, I will scream. I have audio from the last few seasons of most teams coming right out and saying "slow down" or take it easy he's coming up on you" or stating which corner the pass will take place in.

Todays rant brought to you by Tums and Coke. Because when Tums doesn't settle your stomach, a line will.

3. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    I am not saying they did. I believe they did not. I wanted to present this logical answer as a possible here. Forza Ferrari!!!

4. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Team orders will be around longer than I will. And no, you cannot win championships by orders alone. You need a car that is fast in a straight line and quick through the corners. It needs to brake well and accelerate even better. You need a team of wise mechanics and engineers. You need bosses to figure when you are going to pit, how many times, why, what happens if this happens.... You also need drivers who can keep the car on the bitter edge but deep in the grip. Drivers who brake so late and carry so much speed that a late {perfect} apex just happens. I think Michael Schumacher, Senna, Clark, Lauda, Stewart, Fangio, Ascari, Prost, Mansell and Brabham have/had badly damaged feet from walking on that razor. Yeah, team orders can get you moved up one position. Constructors points don't change and a plus\minus balance between the two drivers makes it a very weak turning point in a drivers championship.

5. tatcat

tatcat F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2001
    panama city beach FL
    Full Name:
    rick c
    the thought did cross my mind. coincidence? hhmm.. i wonder too.

6. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Obviously nobody reads my posts anymore :( ;), ie.

Quoted from thread: Barcelona, Spain GP Results

Pete

7. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Regarding linked story:
    Bottom line;
    "One can argue that this took pressure off Michael but it was not a big deal given that Rubens would have been nearly six seconds behind Michael without the problem.

Sorry, no conspiracy..."

8. aventino

aventino Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2003
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    David L
    Bottom line is Rubens got screwed again. Micheal needs to take a year off and let Alonso have his seat.

9. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Rubens made a good race, but Shumacher´s was better. That´s all.

Some day in the future we will refer to this season as "the good ole days". Enjoy it.

10. davel

davel Guest

The link and its analysis show no controversey. End of story. Well done to the team!!

11. ferrari_kid

ferrari_kid Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2003

i agree with you on this. it seems like the rules are being made to hold back ferrari because they set out what the other teams should have tried to do, be competative.