New 355 coming to town..... | FerrariChat

New 355 coming to town.....

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by CMac, May 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CMac

CMac Formula Junior

May 10, 2004
    Gig Harbor Wash.
    Full Name:
    Chris McDonald
    Hello all, first time post and new member. Just got word today my first F car (Black/tan 97 355 spider) will be leaving FOA tomorrow (30K service) and heading to the NW to fill the void in my garage. I've been following posts here for some time and thought I'd finally sign up considering my recent purchase. Any drives coming up/planned I'd love to join (car wont be here for 7-10 days) and look forward to meeting some of you in the near future!

2. shelbee

shelbee Guest

Let me be the first to congratulate you on the Ferrari family. We have such a cool group. Similar owners with black 355 spider, like Dave T & Ted W. Sign up for Olympic drive in July and you will see a bunch of F-cars there.

This is the event from last year's summer drive. Is it cool or what??

The next event is Italian Auto show in Vancouver BC - June 19-20

Shelbee

3. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Welcome Chris,
    When you say new member, do you mean of the Ferrari Club of America? If not, you can join through our local site at www.ferrariclub.com. Membership to the NW chapter is automatic when you join 'national'. We also have our own 'Clubchat', exclusive to the NW chapter that is a big help in coordinating planned and unplanned events and drives. A VERY good way to be in communication with other members! Contact our communications director and he will get it set up for you.
    You can hook up with some of us at Speedware in Redmond this Saturday for a tech session on brakes. I am sure it will be very enlightening. An Fcar is not required for participation!

Looking forward to meeting you!
    DJ

4. 4re4lem

4re4lem Karting

Nov 3, 2003

5. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Chris,

Congrats on your 355 Spider purchase!

Looking forward to seeing you and your Ferrari at our local club events.

Gary

6. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    Welcome Chris............You're going to find that we are a very active and fun bunch..............oh and cool too!! Our next event is a tech session at Speedware in Redmond this coming saturday. You should come out whether your 355 has arrived or not. Looking forward to a new member!!!

7. CMac

CMac Formula Junior

May 10, 2004
    Gig Harbor Wash.
    Full Name:
    Chris McDonald
    thanks all for the warm welcome, and membership in FCA is next on the list! Unfortunately prior engagements prevent a trip to Redmond from being part of weekend agenda but will definitely be there for future events, Im currently trying to find my way out of the "Neighborhood Garage sale" the weekend of the 20th in an effort ot make it North of the border. No promises yet but may be in the works....wife was actually for it if you can believe that!

And shelbee, thanks for the pic of last years olympic drive, would definitely be interested in finding out more info for this years trip, just point me in the right direction!

8. mw575

mw575 F1 Rookie

May 30, 2001
    Lake Oswego,Or
    Full Name:
    Martin J Weiner,M.D.
    Welcome Chris from the Portland contingent.Frank Bohannon (575MM) lives in Gig Harbor and is a great guy.On the other hand, Kuzi----------------------
    -----------------------------------

9. shelbee

shelbee Guest

the olympic will be this year. Last year we went to Leavenworth and Wintrop. here is another F-cars line up

10. CMac

CMac Formula Junior

May 10, 2004
    Gig Harbor Wash.
    Full Name:
    Chris McDonald
    Gotcha! thanks Shelbee....I'll keep the eyes on the site for chat regarding time and dates. Or is this info I can get as an FCA memeber?

....and (martin) I'll keep an eye out for the local 575MM...not too hard ot miss around small towns like this one!

11. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Chris,

The Olympic Drive that Shelbee referred to is an official FCA club event. I hope you've already joined our local chapter.

12. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Chris, see my previous post. The info will keep you on top of the club events.

Many of the events are posted here on Fchat but the NWRFCA site's 'Clubchat' is the best and most up to date source for upcoming events. It is also private and not part of the public domain so certain liberties are available there.

DJ

13. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Chris,
    Congrats on the purchase and welcome. There are also a few of us over here in the west sound. I'm pretty new myself and haven't had a chance to make it to a club event YET. I did get a chance to meet a couple owners over here. Drop me line if you feel like heading this way some day for a drive, and I'll try to keep up in my old 308!
    John

14. CMac

CMac Formula Junior

May 10, 2004
    Gig Harbor Wash.
    Full Name:
    Chris McDonald
    Planning on signing up just as soon as I can get my home computer back on line.....wife got online lastnight and poof.....now I cant get on line!!!! (That's why I got the 6 speed....she cant drive a stick!)

And John, glad to hear Im not the only new-bee. And concidering I'll probably be a baby for the first month or so, Im sure I will have trouble keeping up! :) Then again....driving for 72 hours straight just to get the grin off my face may break the car/me in quicker than I think!!!

Thanks all!!!! See you soon -

chris

15. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Is it here yet? Is it here yet? Is it here yet?

16. CMac

CMac Formula Junior

May 10, 2004
    Gig Harbor Wash.
    Full Name:
    Chris McDonald
    D&%* truck drivers!!! 7-10 days came and went....promised tomorrow though. Believe it when I see it!!!!