Koni shock rebuild | FerrariChat

Koni shock rebuild

Discussion in '308/328' started by exceldetail, May 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. exceldetail

exceldetail Rookie

May 9, 2004
    Hello to all, this is my first post on Ferrarichat.....I belong to several forums, regarding detailing, usually im giving info, but this time im looking for some! I have a customer who is looking to rebuild the lft rear koni shock set up on his 72. Im not familiar with the model. Does anyone know of anyone who rebuilds Konis to original spc's ?

2. g60racer

g60racer Karting

Mar 2, 2004
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Brendan Prout
    I know they're terrible at answering email or the phone, but if you can get them on the line, you can send them back to Koni for a free rebuild. Lifetime warranty on all Koni shocks.

Turnaround time is about 4 weeks. I just got mine back, for some reason they sent the front ones a week ahead of the rear ones, but now I have my Koni's back on the car.

3. exceldetail

exceldetail Rookie

May 9, 2004
    Thank you G60.....I will inform him !

4. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    FYI, new Koni are only $140 or so each from www.tirerack.com and tyhey have them in stock last i checked. Rebuilding is "like new", but NEW is NEW and i have a feeling some improvements have been made in the past 20 years.

5. g60racer

g60racer Karting

Mar 2, 2004
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Brendan Prout
    Just FYI... when I sent my 12 year old Koni's in for service, they just sent me brand new ones to replace them instead of rebuilding the old ones. Too much wear to rebuild them, I suppose.

6. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Ahh, that makes perfect sense. Congrats!