£43.5 to spare? Watch or car? ! | FerrariChat

£43.5 to spare? Watch or car? !

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by tonyh, May 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    #1 tonyh, May 12, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Does £43,500 Porsche Tick Your Fancy?

t's more expensive than a Boxster S - and all it does is tell the time! This watch is the Porsche Design Indicator and it costs a huge £43,500. Just a week after we revealed Mercedes' SLR timepiece, it was unveiled at the International Watch and Jewellery Show in Basle, Switzerland.

The first chronograph with a mechanical digital stopwatch display, its grooved inside-strap design matches the tread on the Carrera GT's tyres. Only 50 will be sold each year.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Ferrari_tech

Ferrari_tech Formula 3

Jul 28, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Malcolm W
    And it's not even Swiss made !!

MW

3. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    WOW, really? For that type of cash i'd seek a used (in new condition) Patek... if it HAS to be a watch.

4. Ferrari_tech

Ferrari_tech Formula 3

Jul 28, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Malcolm W
    I restore antique clocks as a hobby and appreciate what you can buy for your money and agree with you a Patek anytime for that money.

As my everyday watch I wear a gold / silver Cartier Santos, had it 18 years and never missed a beat, never been serviced.

I can't understand why Rolexes need servicing so regularly, especially when the early Cartier watches had the same Oyster internal movement as the Rolex

MW