$%@*& zo6 and my TR | FerrariChat

$%@*& zo6 and my TR

Discussion in 'Canada' started by MS250, May 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Took the TR late last night....a freind of my just got his 2003 zo6 and went for a little run. I actually drove the car hard before he bought, thank the lord for traction control...this darn thing does not stay planted.

We were on the 407 going west at about 110km...we decided to play for a breif moment. This GM plastic thing was ahead of me for about a car length until about 170km. It kinda stayed and never pulled after that but it was so dishearting.

Told him not to laugh to hard, cause the fibglass might come loose at 175km. Anyway I was abit suprised of the higher end run. I know its numbers from the 0-60, but at the top end side I thought I had him beat.

BTW: I had a passenger, he didn't. Think it makes a diff ??

2. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    In the big scheme of things? It shouldn't make a difference over 150 kph. The Z06 is a hot machine. I would be happy to own one.

Consider engine size and power to weight ratio.

My personal feeling is if the TR was built with Z06 technology, (FI & engine management) it would be able to stay with a Z06 without breaking a sweat.

All in all, for a 20 year old design (basically), the TR is still pretty awesome.

My buddy gets a HUGE response when he drives his. I'm afraid it's not the same with a Vette.

3. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman
    Big Red,

I would not feel bad at all about keeping up with a Z06 with 405 HP and weighs in around 3100 lbs. Your TR would weigh about 3400 lbs and have about 380 HP. The Z06 has a much better power to weight ratio as well as a better drag ratio as well.

If I was the owner of the Z06 I would be upset because the TR is 15 to 20 years older and the Z06 should have been 15 to 20 car lenghts ahead of the TR by 170 MPH. Your TR did very well!!!!

But, when it is all said and done what would you rather drive??? The TR is hands down a more exciting and thrilling car to drive!! ;)

4. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    Don't worry about it. I'd take the TR over a Z06 anyday.

5. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I am learning that Corvette's are beasts! I drive my friend's 1994 Vette a lot & it is so damn powerful! I still don't feel as good in it as I do when I am driving the TR though....

6. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Thanks gentleman....whats fustrating is he was going to buy a 328 for the same money but was afraid because of being 15 yrs old. My 86 has the borla no cats, and updated air filters...I figure im up to 400 hp from the standard 385.

Point is, is there any little mods I might be able to do to increase the hp? Dont want to change anything major, just want to tune it.Do you think the extra passenger in my car added to the slowness?

P.S. You are correct for an 18yr car the looks and honks and the honeys still happen.

7. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    There are a number of mods for the Testarossa, but be sure to investigate reliability. Companies like Norwood, Koenig and others have provided mods for that car, but I'm not sure of their reliability.

As for the passenger, the extra weight will have an impact, but only slightly. If you were only a 1/2 car length back, then the weight may make a difference, but if you were 3 car lengths back, that additional weight will not make up the difference.

Honestly, if I were you, I wouldn't worry about making it faster. There will always be somebody faster than you, regardless of what you drive. I'd save the money you were going to use on mods, and put it towards your next car.

8. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Honestly, if I were you, I wouldn't worry about making it faster. There will always be somebody faster than you, regardless of what you drive. I'd save the money you were going to use on mods, and put it towards your next car.[/QUOTE]

I know about the specialty stuff, do not want to go that route, thought maybe could increase timing abit or add bigger injectors or something. Just want to piss him off a bit thats all.

I told him last night once he hits 50k on the car and its 10 yrs old id offer him 15k for the car. Your right about someone always being faster, wouldnt even think about the Suburu WRX...little pocket rocket.
    Thanks.

9. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    If you just want to piss him off a bit, you could consider nitrous.

10. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato

Could but Id be to worried about the tranny and rear end in case it was left behind.

11. ara

ara Karting

Dec 30, 2003
    Westmount, Quebec
    just drove my cousins supercharged z06 yesterday in montreal, his supercharger sticks out of his hood, we raced a stock z06 and beat him pretty bad even worse is he floored it first and we were playing catch up. What a sick car, it rips, the supercharger sounds so sweet, it is the magnacharger from lingenfelter.

What a night!

12. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Adding a modern engine management system along with free flowing exhaust should give you a respectable bump in power.

13. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    i just sold my C4 vette for $4800.00 sunday to make room for my 308 thats on the way. if i wanted to go fast i would buy a motorcycle. ill take an old slow Ferrari any day!!!! TR is a great car, so is the Zo6. but a vette is a vette is a vette.how fast can you really go on the street, and at what cost?? long live carb cars!!!!

14. ToddB

ToddB Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver B.C./OC
    Full Name:
    Todd
    what year was your vette? just curious because I just sold mine and plan on getting a 348