Geneva Car Show | FerrariChat

Geneva Car Show

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Texas Forever, Nov 26, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Don't know if this belongs in the GFD section or not... but have any of you been to the Geneva Car Show?

http://www.salon-auto.ch/en/index.html

Or how about this car event?

The Coppa Milano Sanremo

http://www.milano-sanremo.it/italiano/home.php

Next March I'm gonna be in Europe with my daughter who will be finishing up a term abroad in Berlin. From there we have two weeks, to do whatever.

I got these ideas from tonyh's post

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2091

Who posted a schedule by Helmut Schnug, which included the above links.

I'm open to any all thoughts as to "must see" events during the first two weeks of March 2004

Thanks in advance, Dale

2. ze_shark

ze_shark Formula 3

Jul 13, 2003
    Switzerland (NW)
    Sure, going there every year to take a look. The Geneva car show is one of the top 3 in Europe, frequent world premieres, fairly big yet humanly sized. All exotic brands are usually grouped together, Ferrari, Lambo, Pagani, Bugatti, Rolls, Bentley. Italian designers are always there with concepts, nice way to spend an afternoon.

The show is at Palexpo, which is literally beside the Geneva airport, within walking distance. There is also an interesting car museum right next to Palexpo and the airport, http://www.museeautomobilegeneve.ch/english/index-GB.htm

Looking further, the Schlumpf museum in Mulhouse, near Basel, about 3 hours drive from Geneva is quite unique, not so for Ferraris, but for other legends (Bugatti Royale, etc ...).

Let me know if you would like other tips on the region, I live nearby.

3. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Thanks so much. Yes, please if there is any thing in Europe during the first two weeks in March, I'd love to hear about it. My daughter is thinking that she would like to go to Prague after her term in Berlin ends. However, after spending the Winter in Berlin, I'm guessing that she might be up for something else. So any ideas will certaintly be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Dale

4. racerboy9

racerboy9 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Has anyone been to the Essen Motor Show in Germany? I have heard it is huge by european standards.

5. ze_shark

ze_shark Formula 3

Jul 13, 2003
    Switzerland (NW)
    DrTax,
    Prague is a very nice city, but you're right, it's still gonna be winterish in March. Largely depends on what you are interested in. If I wanted to do some sightseeing and make a bet on sunshine, I'd go down to South of France, Monaco, Nice, Cannes, St Raphael.
    You can either fly Easyjet from Geneva for very cheap fares, but renting a car in Geneva and driving down through the Gd St Bernard or MtBlanc tunnel then Italy is a valid alternative. You'll have a blast on the italian highways (avoid the french ones ...), and the scenery when you reach the mediterranean sea is breathtaking.
    Otherwise, flying further down south to Florence, Rome, Naples or Barcelona could be a good plan too.
    Enjoy, JC

6. cavallino

cavallino Formula Junior

Aug 21, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Alain
    If you go to the Geneva Auto Show, you can view the museum too. It's in the same buildings. And there is the Bonhams Auction during the Geneva Auto Show at the museum with every year some Ferrari. Last year, there were a California Spyder, 288 GTO, 275 GTB, 550 Barchetta, ....
    In the permanent exhibition of the museum there is some Ferrari like 250 GT Lusso, 275 GTB, Dino, 412, F40, ...

Just have a look at the viewing days for the auction. Because if you're not in the right days, you can't see the exhibition.

But, there is always the museum exhibition and the Auto Show with the new 612 !

It is a big trip ! I do it every year. Have fun !