Ferrari service in Alabama or Fla. Panhandle? | FerrariChat

Ferrari service in Alabama or Fla. Panhandle?

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by TR Mark, May 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TR Mark

TR Mark Rookie

May 8, 2004
    Orange Beach, Al
    Full Name:
    Mark G.
    Any one know of a good spot? I live in Gulf Shores-near Pensacola and not far from Mobile. Have a great T/R but will need good support if anyone knows. Hate to carry all the way to Atlanta if I do not have to.
    Thanks to all in advance for reply

2. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    I'm interested in what you find out. I grew up in P-Cola during the 60s and there were a lot of british sports cars because Penascola was the first stop for most cadets. Not a whole lot today, though. I know that there are some F-Techs in New Orleans. Who knows? Maybe Montgomery?

Take care, Dale

3. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    It's still a distance for you, but we have folks who bring their cars 300+ miles (from Mississippi and the Memphis area) here to Huntsville to International Motors, an independent mechanic who really knows Ferraris. He's been taking care of mine for 10 years.

For you, though, you may be closer to New Orleans where there are a several good independents.

4. TR Mark

TR Mark Rookie

May 8, 2004
    Orange Beach, Al
    Full Name:
    Mark G.
    Will post what I found out and thanks

5. TR Mark

TR Mark Rookie

May 8, 2004
    Orange Beach, Al
    Full Name:
    Mark G.
    Many thanks-trying to solve the "go 300 miles for service" but certainly will consider-Many thanks!

6. branko

branko F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 17, 2003
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Full Name:
    Branko Medenica
    In Birmingham there is Hesco, World Class Auto Repair and Stephen's Garage.

7. TR Mark

TR Mark Rookie

May 8, 2004
    Orange Beach, Al
    Full Name:
    Mark G.

Have any experiance with any of them? Best one?
    Mark

8. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    Mark,
    How are you doing? I live in Pensacola and work in Foley. On my way to work I pass a guys house who has a very nice TR. I believe he works in Pensacola as I see him driving it quite often. I've seen the car in a shop once or twice on Highway 98. I'll get the name and number today on my way home and you can give them a call if you like. Does your car happen to be red? I think I may have seen it once out near the Flora Bama. Do you by chance know the owner of the 360 Spider that lives out your way. I see the car early in the mornings sometimes on my way to work. Anyways I'll keep you posted.

9. TR Mark

TR Mark Rookie

May 8, 2004
    Orange Beach, Al
    Full Name:
    Mark G.
    I am fine thanks, It would be great if you could get the # for me. Yes my T/R is red but I just got it last Friday so prob not by F/Bama. The 360 Spider in silver guy I do not know, the Yellow 355 Spider is one of my best freinds who needs service down here too. Many thanks for the response!
    Mark

10. branko

branko F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 17, 2003
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Full Name:
    Branko Medenica
    I have no experience with Hesco. Just know they are expensive.
    World Class Auto is not bad. I have seen a TR, Rolls, and Morgan out front.
    Stephen's Garage will do great work, are honest and will not try to stiff you.

11. TR Mark

TR Mark Rookie

May 8, 2004
    Orange Beach, Al
    Full Name:
    Mark G.

Thanks, will keep in mind

12. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    TR Mark,

I'm here in Tallahassee and am looking for the same thing ('84 308). My major service will be due in the next year and a half. If I can't find someone that knows thier stuff, I'll have to roll up my shirt sleeves and do this myself.

There seems to be a growing contingent of F-car owners here in the pan-handle area. I think a panhandle drive / meet should be in the works.

- Greg

13. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    Mark,
    Sorry for the delay. The place is called Evan's Automotive. 850-455-7374. It's not the best looking place but it can't hurt to try. Good luck.

Owen,
    I am beginning to notice this myself. If any of you guys ever decide to do any drives or anything let me know.

14. davel

davel Guest

Use Lindsay Automotive in the New Orleans area. Some big hitters use that guy and when I lived over there they seemed to be the choice of the club members I had met. Many list on this board and can be found on the Louisiana region on this board. Drop a note there for some recommendations about Lindsay.

15. CraigFL

CraigFL Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2001
    Panama City, FL
    Full Name:
    Craig
    My friend here in Panama City takes his TR to New Orleans to have it repaired. I have all my work done at "Craig's Garage", right here in Panama City....:)

16. TR Mark

TR Mark Rookie

May 8, 2004
    Orange Beach, Al
    Full Name:
    Mark G.
    Many thanks to all for input. I truly appreciate it. Will call Evans and scope them out. New Orleans is 180 miles away from Gulf Shores and that may be the ticket. Shall see and I will report experiances here. Once again, thanks for all replies-keep em coming and perhaps with the volume of F cars growing in the area we can find a solution. It would be nice to get together as well.
    Mark

17. TR Mark

TR Mark Rookie

May 8, 2004
    Orange Beach, Al
    Full Name:
    Mark G.
    I have heard that Destin Motor Cars and Charlies Porshe Service in Destin have a lot of experience with Ferraris. Anyone now anything about this?

18. rocky

rocky Rookie

Dec 11, 2003
    Charlies's porsche has been around since I can remember. My buddy Mark Chaffins was the lead mechanic there. Everyone in town who owned an exotic (Ferrari, porsche, etc) would take it to ths guy. He now opened his own shop just down the street. Let me know if your interested. I can get you contact info.

19. TR Mark

TR Mark Rookie

May 8, 2004
    Orange Beach, Al
    Full Name:
    Mark G.
    Yes I would truly appreciate the contact #'s and thank you very much.
    Mark

20. Siegel Racing

Siegel Racing Rookie

Jun 7, 2004
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Scott Siegel
    Spiers Automotive in Montgomery I believe has certified Ferrari and Porsche Techs.

It's a smaller shop, but they've been doing the exotics for 22 years. For standard work they have almost a month waiting list, so people must like them.

1-877-400-RAGE (as close to race as they could get ;) )

Give them a call, tell Ray Spiers I sent you (he's almost convinced of the internet marketing thing) ;)

Scott
    <><
    Siegel Racing
    404-388-8751
    www.siegelracing.com