Ferrari Motorbike | FerrariChat

Ferrari Motorbike

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by bjc138, Nov 28, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bjc138

bjc138 Karting

Sep 2, 2002
    DC
    Full Name:
    brian
    It seems that Ferrari did manufacture motorbikes way back when. Any idea why they did so, why they stopped?

Here's one such Ferrari motorbike in a private Swiss collection that I recently visited.

This collection also had 2 Maserati bikes, MV's, Moto Guzzi's, Laverda's etc....too cool.

-- Brian

2. resnow

resnow Formula Junior

May 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Bob Snow
    I have a friend with the same Ferrari bike and there is no connection with Enzo Ferrari, just someone else with the same name. I also have several photos of his bike I took about 15 years ago and will try to find them, scan them and post them later.

Bob

3. ForzaFerrari

ForzaFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 25, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Waldo
    I believe that their is indeed a connection to Enzo Ferrari. But he was not the name-giver to the motor company. For what I know out of my head there was, in the time when Enzo worked with the Scuderia Ferrari with the Alfa's, he was also head of the motor team.

I'm not sure where I read this...perhaps in Piloti che gente ...I will look it up (hope I don't forget :) ...