CS @ Pacific Raceways | FerrariChat

CS @ Pacific Raceways

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by thomas_b, May 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. thomas_b

thomas_b Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2003
    had fun today at the track - the CS is the most amazing car - I still wonder when it is going to bite me - no problems with tires

Albert - the FoS event will be fun! - you are in for a treat

2. albertl

albertl Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2002
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Albert
    On my 360 last year, I had chucks of rubber on the inside of the rim when I was done for the day. Did you get any?

Looks like a good bit of wear on the tires.

Did you get any videos?

3. thomas_b

thomas_b Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2003

yes - rubber was all over the place - read the thread of Brian C Stradale about his CS - my lower side panels are full of black marks - he is talking about adding protective film

yes - the tires are stressed but I am also hard on them too - hopefully that smoothens out next time – there is nothing which can hold the CS on the back stretch …

no videos sorry - a guy took pictures but I have to get hold of them

4. albertl

albertl Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2002
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Albert
    I am going to get some Racer's Tape for the track day. That way, I can peel them off when I am done.

5. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    When is the FoS track day?

I would like to come and watch you guys. I'll bring my digital video camera.
    Free video copies for those who give me rides in their cars! :)

6. albertl

albertl Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2002
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Albert
    June 22nd 8am start

7. thomas_b

thomas_b Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2003
    that would be very cool - my CS did create a crowd every time I did get on the front stretch turn 9-1 – I would love to hear it myself - how good are the audio capabilities you have, i.e. does it have a good microphone?

I did not want to use the blue one and the transparent was not available - do you know where to buy the transparent one?

8. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Thomas,

Yes, the mic works good on the camera. Either in the car or filming a drive by. There's also a wind sound filter to eliminate wind buffeting noises when filming in the car with the windows rolled down.

Here's a wav file of my old 308 QV on the dyno, this was taken off of the digital video tape. The file was compressed way down and is in mono to reduce it's size, so it's not as good sounding as the full blown stereo version on the tape, but you can get the idea.

http://home.comcast.net/~garyreed3/308qv.wav

9. albertl

albertl Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2002
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Albert
    You can get the transparent tape from:

Paul Bianco (Advertises on the FCA newsletter)
    530 pheasant lane north
    jupiter, fl 33458

2in wide, $10 roll + 2 for pp
    4in wide, $20 roll + 3 for pp

Not sure about what it looks like though

or from www.griotsgarage.com (same as the 3m Stoneguard product) although pricier

10. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    I've heard experienced track guys use the blue painter's masking tape, then run cheap duct tape over that.....very durable and resistant to rocks, easily removed at the end of the day...and cheap!

You may wish to call the guys at Pro-formance for their advice....
    http://www.proformanceraceschool.com/

11. albertl

albertl Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2002
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Albert

Good point Dave - I have quite a bit of that at home. Although Red Racers Tape or transparent tape would be better when Gary gets it on tape...;-)

12. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Try Speedware in Redmond. They should have a few rolls.

13. thomas_b

thomas_b Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2003

there is 3M transparent duct tape available – I am trying to get a roll and try it out - I want to be sure that it can be removed without hassle – the blue stuff on a red car stinks if I may say so - as Willis say you can get the blue stuff from speedware motorsports but unfortunately they did not have the transparent stuff

14. albertl

albertl Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2002
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Albert
    But they have it in red...;-)