Mondial Seat Swap Question | FerrariChat

Mondial Seat Swap Question

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by BobO, Nov 28, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BobO

BobO Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Loudoun Co, VA
    Full Name:
    Bob O
    I'm considering swapping out the old seats in my '82 Mondial with '87 Mondial seats. Anyone know if they'll bolt (or slide?) right in?

2. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I don't know whether they fit or not, but you may way want to spend some time in the seats just to make sure like them before you buy them. The seats in my 86 Mondial look great, but I don't find them to be that comfortable or supportive -- others that have ridden in the car think they're great, so it is personal preference thing, but worth trying an extended stint in the seats before buying if possible to make sure you will like them. I havn't tried the 82 seats, so I don't know how they compare.

3. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    Hgfuy -- One thing you can try on-line is to visually compare the SPC illustrations posted at the FerrariUK spare parts site (via the Owner's Site) for each seat. The illustrations are usually fairly accurate/representative, and if different enough, you might be able to conclude straightaway that they are different (whereas the other way around is more tricky/unsure).

4. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    I believe they are the same?? Like Peter said though they are not very comfy or supportive. The seats used in the "T" model look to be much better.

5. dakharris

dakharris Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2001
    Sleepy Hollow
    Full Name:
    Cavaliere Senzatesta
    They're attached with four allen bolts and they come out easily enough. Why don't you measure? I'll bet they will bolt right in.