To Krown, or not to Krown | FerrariChat

To Krown, or not to Krown

Discussion in 'Canada' started by JohnMH, May 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JohnMH

JohnMH Formula 3

Jan 28, 2004
    Dubai / Bologna
    OK, the car is an '84 308, GTS QV, 30,000 km, with the exception of one tiny bubble on the door (which I will have fixed soon) there is no rust.

The question is whether any of the other owners of mid 80's and older cars gets the annual treatment for rust. I have had good results with my old MB driven each winter and Krown, but it can make a bit of a mess. I thought I would just have them do the lower extremities of the 308 and the bottoms of the doors. Detailing the engine bay after rustproofing it doesn't bear thinking about.

No, I don't drive in the snow, rain (or even fog), but the climate can get humid here and the thought of having more rust repairs performed on my car in the future has little appeal. The car is a keeper (at least until I save up for a boxer, or that '57 pontoon fendered 250 testa rossa).

Anyone else get their car rustproofed?

Cheers too all,

John

2. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    You know John I had the same thought. My 86 TR is fine but always thought it might be a good idea but not sure. Does anyone here just rust proof the bottom to avoid dry rot ?? Should Krown be the ones to perform? Any ideas and recommendations appreciated.
    R.

3. JohnMH

JohnMH Formula 3

Jan 28, 2004
    Dubai / Bologna
    I know a guy who is a very meticulous Krown dealer. He will let you watch, and won't drill any holes if you don't wan't him to. I will speak with him, maybe we get a few Ferrari's together for him.

Are you going to the FCA meet at Mosport on the 26th of May?

4. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Would really appreciate it !! I cannot go, its my sons birthday that day, hes only 5. If he was older I know he would have fun at the track..cant wait for the day.

5. MuJo

MuJo Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2004
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Joel R.
    That day is a Wednesday! A little tough but I'm sure going to try to be there. When does it start? When does it finish?

6. JohnMH

JohnMH Formula 3

Jan 28, 2004
    Dubai / Bologna
    Wed, May 26th, try 8am.

As for participating in the track day, membership in the FCA is required, the car must be pre-inspected by an approved tech and you need a Snell 95 helmet (car type is preferred). Oh, and the fee, I think it was $350.

I am a newbie member with the FCA, have done about 1000 laps of Mosport on my Ducati in the last decade, but never in a car at speed. I may just try to mooch a few passenger rides before I track my QV at the next event, some time in July I think.

Should be kinda cool, compared to a Wed. at my desk, very cool.