TR windshield cracked | FerrariChat

TR windshield cracked

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by billy89tr, May 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. billy89tr

billy89tr Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Anyone know where I can find a TR windshiled? Is it a straightforward job or is it labor intensive? How much do they go for? Thanks guys

2. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    My recent experience was ~$1800 for the windshield glass (with antenna), $800 for the trim pieces, and $200 labor to install. A non-antenna version windshield might be a little cheaper (but then you need to add something else to replace that and a TR radio wiring is not the easiest thing to access).

I wouldn't try this yourself -- I just used a "chain" windshield shop.

(Have you tried searching on "TR windshield" here and at the old site?)

3. Ferrari_UK_Parts

Apr 28, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Stuart T.
    hi there guys;

we can do them priced at £886.80. unfortunatly, we're currently out of stock, but do have a delivery due in a couple of days.

thanks
    stuart

4. PWehmer

PWehmer Formula 3

Oct 15, 2002
    Surrounded by Water
  5. Ferrari_UK_Parts

Apr 28, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Stuart T.

6. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    I'd be willing to bet that the TR windshield glass that I received came from that same eBay source -- mine's also described as "bronze" in color and has the black-out border all-around too (unlike the original TR windshield that had the black-out only along the top edge).

7. billy89tr

billy89tr Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    thanks guys--I am bidding on it right now. Hopefully I win. I am not planning on changing the windshield myself--but I know someone who does them for a living-but was not sure if it was a straightforward job. Thanks for all the help