HAS ANYONE HAD ANY DEALINGS WITH AMERISPEC? | FerrariChat

HAS ANYONE HAD ANY DEALINGS WITH AMERISPEC?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by spiderman360, May 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spiderman360

spiderman360 Rookie

May 11, 2004
    Stuart, Fl
    if so, i would love to hear about it. tia. spidey

2. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Amerispec was founded by Dick Fritz who used to work for NART. I believe they have an excellent reputation. Are you looking for someone to Federalize your car ?

3. Caruso360

Caruso360 Karting

May 1, 2003
    Amerispec has developed a reputation of shoddy, sloppy, failure ridden and of course all at a high cost work. At one point they were doing installations for
    JK Technologies under their import license. I was forced to send my car back (at my expense) even though their system failed due to improperly mounted injection tubes that cracked due to vibration. Federal emission guidelines mandate a 10 year warranty so they did agree to do the work. Amerispec
    would not return any phone calls or letters. Dick is ******! They kept my vehicle almost three months with a variety of stories from new parts to being so busy they didn't have time to work on my vehicle. They did reroute hoses and replace heat shields. Would I go this route again? I'm sure they're hoping I don't.

4. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    Wow. That's two completely different responses!

5. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    are they still in business?

6. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Wow! The show in the Ferrari resource rolodex.

They are one of the oldest firms doing federalization, but I guess that doesn't mean they're any good!! ????????

7. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I've never actually used Amerispec so this could be a more realistic view.

I know a shop in Jupiter FL that does Federalization as well, I'll dig it up if you are interested

8. Steve B

Steve B Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Naperville
    Full Name:
    Steven L. Biagini
    I purchased an original front valance for my 365 BB from Dick Fritz back in 2000. It was expensive but it arrived in perfect condition.

9. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    I had Amerispec install new cats and make up some test pipes on my 400i when I bought it in 1998 and he did a great job. The car passes emissions with huge margins.

When the clown at the State of CT emissions and safety testing center tore a hole in one of the cats by driving over the brake testing rig, Dick took numerous photos of the damage to the car, which speeded up my reimbursement for damages by the State of CT. Dick then replaced the damaged cat quickly and as promised.

I was very happy with both the service and the work from Amerispec.

John

10. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Dick Fritz was extremely helpful to me.

I called him a few months ago asking about any paperwork that he might have on my Boxer which was federalized by Amerispec back in 1983.

I couldn't believe all the stuff that he photocopied and mailed to me at no charge. Original Ferrari factory invoice, the car's air freight documents/bill of lading from Italy, DOT/EPA letters, federalizing check list, etc. etc.... about 40 pages of documents in all!

He's a great guy in my book!

Gary

11. V-10 Nut

V-10 Nut Rookie

Dec 1, 2003
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I've found Dick to be an man of integrity and knowledge. He's in a difficult business where things don't always go smoothly and, especially when dealing with the government, things are out of his control.

Like anyone in the car biz there will be people that love you and hate you.

I did a seven figure deal with him and would gladly do another one.

Best
    Steve

12. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    all i have heard about them is bad stuff. The mclarens they supposidly "federalized" were revealed to be almost unchanged, thus illegal over here. All owners of them were asked to file for Show and Display Exemption. I wasn't aware that Amerispec was still in Business

13. mike

mike Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Just reently I was working with Dick on the purchase of a Boxer and within a short time he found a nice example for me. He sent photos, was very courteous, & helpful, but I'm still not sure about a bbi.

14. John Custer

John Custer Karting

Apr 27, 2002
    Amerispec did my 360. I agree Dick is ******. He was quite helpful with buying a car but once it was shipped to him I had almost no communiction. he had my car for 13 months. When I picked it up the check engine lite came on within 10 miles. I had a couple of other problems but they were resolved buy one of the guys that dose the work for him. I would never deal with them again.

15. mw575

mw575 F1 Rookie

May 30, 2001
    Lake Oswego,Or
    Full Name:
    Martin J Weiner,M.D.
    Don't ask!!!!!!!!!!

16. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    We are asking. Do you have anything meaningful to contribute?

17. Bill Sawyer

Bill Sawyer Formula 3

Feb 26, 2002
    Georgia
    Check the archives on the old site. Dr. Martin has fully documented his problems.

18. mw575

mw575 F1 Rookie

May 30, 2001
    Lake Oswego,Or
    Full Name:
    Martin J Weiner,M.D.
    Thanks BilI; really don't want to relive the mental anguish.