Spotted | FerrariChat

Spotted

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by FerrariSlave, May 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Spotted Red 355B on Michigan ave around 2:00pm today also a red 360 spyder on I94 heading south with the top down right before the big rain.

Anyways had fun in Chicago to bad gold coast was closed they had a 575M on the floor and Bentley GT.

2. khayes

khayes Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Kelly Hayes
    I was in Chicago for a few days last week. I stayed just off the Miracle Mile and saw a yellow 360 coupe, red 360 Spyder and a black Lamborghini all within a block of each other.

3. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    So the super Audi A4s are now on the ground, ( Bentley GT)?

I saw a red 348 on 41 traveling south on Thursday around noon. I also saw a woman in her, I would guess 70's, driving a SL55 on Waukegan. If they have worked hard all their life, yes they do afford it. However, I am not claiming a better than you attitude or even saying I have any skill at all but this makes me a little discouraged. A woman with little reaction time and thoughts usually focused on grandchildren or Nordstroms, driving a car with nearly 500 HP, a 200mph top speed and acceleration better than a Murcillago up to 180 seems dangerous. However, they might be the most nice and warm people on Earth. They might have had a professional history so grand that they invented a new form of drug that saved millions. But on the flip side, I just think it poses too much of a risk to have certain drivers behind the wheels of certain automobiles. God knows if any of us Fchatters were handed the keys to Schumi's F1 Ferrari we wouldn't be thinking of breaking any Fiorano lap records.

I think that red 360 spyder is from downtown. I've seen it a few times in the same area and am pretty sure having the same license plate, ( as no doubt that is the flashy part of our state, ) its the same one. I also heard that while filming his latest movie here, Nicholas Cage had his black Lambo parked out in front of the hotel for whenever he decided to see the town. This source from a lawyer friend responsible for the set production of the movie.

RocketBoy

4. chasking

chasking Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Chuck King
    On Sunday afternoon I saw a light blue 360 Spider heading south on Cumberland Ave. around Belmont or so. It had dealer plates; on the back at least was a plastic license plate frame that said "Lamborghini Chicago". Oh, the ignonimy!

5. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore
    Hey, I saw a black 328 GTS driving down 290 (IKE) and then onto Michigan Av. to 18th street on Sunday... Oh, that was me..... :) Drove my baby out to my Sisters Condo on sunday, nice day, but heading home in the late afternoon, i went a little bit faster, looking at those storm clouds out west comming in....

6. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Tod, there is a guy with a beautiful black 328 here in S.E. Wisconsin. I've seen it twice this spring. He's in F Chat also. Regards, Mike

7. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    Red 308 at Home Depot at the Glen today with the top off... oh, guess it was me.

Rocketboy... my mom, a very sedate driver at 61, has a SL500 (albeit, not in the same class as the SL 55). If your AMG-drivin' granny drives like my mom, all is well. The problem arises when jag-offs like myself get behind the wheel, feeling obligated to "blow the cobwebs" out of the engine. My mom's poor car rarely gets driven even remotely close to its limits, which is probably the case with most of them out there (including the AMGs).

8. Seen plenty of SL55's and other MB's also seen a Bentley with dealer plates on Michigan ave. Seen a silver Aston Martin Vantage and also a silver Vanquish on I94. But the red 360 spyder and red 355B was the best IMO. Cant wait to go back soon to visit Gold Coast there elevator for car's is sweet.

Seen some nice SUV's and seadans at Carmines on N.Rush.

9. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    I bet you've seen a car or two of mine at Carmines (not SUV's and sedans, ceptin' the Roll's). :)

10. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yes,I also had my Red 308 out and about most of the weekend. Didn't see any other Ferrari's,but did see a couple Vipers. (And,the usual several Dozen C5 'Vette's. Nice cars,but,everybody has one,so,they just aren't a big deal to see one out anymore. Make a count next time you go out for a Drive. IMO,now,when I see any Older 'Vette,THAT is special. Especially,the '68-'82 versions. Those,to me,are starting to look more Exotic as time goes by...)

I cruised through Downtown Lombard on Saturday Night,just to see if their Cruise Night started,yet. It didn't,but,I saw all sorts of Old Cars,and Muscle cars who,apparently,had the same thought as I did.:)

11. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji

12. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    The Viper GTS still looks good to me. I think it has aged much better than the RT/10. The GTS holds its value better over time too. I would love to have a used GTS blue w/ white stripes.

13. I ate at Carmines on Sunday around 2:30pm seen a red SL500 outside and a A8L.

14. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    I don't know what "ignonimy" means :), but "Lamborghini Chicago" is Fox Valley Motorcars.

Probably was Bill Nuccio driving the car.

15. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Have you had their 'Mussel Platter'; it's really good!

16. Michael RPM

Michael RPM Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2002
    Oak Brook, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael Wogronic
    Darolls: That was probably me in the light blue 360 spider this past weekend with the Lambo Chicago plate frame. We just took it in on trade for a Murci. I have never seen this color combo before. It has red interior. I'm not sure if I like it, love it or hate it! It sure is different though!

17. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    Grigio 328 on Lake Cook Road today!
    SWEET!

18. chasking

chasking Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Chuck King
    A little before 9:00 this morning I saw a red Spider--I'm pretty sure it was a 360--turn onto Congress from Clark street. He must have gotten a string of green lights heading onto the Ike, because as he pulled away from the corner, rather than upshifting I just heard the revs keep climbing and climbing and climbing, echoing off the buildings and through the tunnel under the old post office, as he headed for the redline in second. It was a pleasant surprise--even moreso than seeing the car in the first place, which was nice too.

So, was that any of you guys?

When I saw MichaelFVM on Sunday we were in pretty much stop-and-go traffic, and although I managed to end up right behind him for a couple blocks there was never an opportunity to hear that 360 open up, alas.

19. Michael RPM

Michael RPM Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2002
    Oak Brook, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael Wogronic
    Chasking:
    Did you notice the red roll hoops? This color combo is really growing on me. It would have been nice to open it up a bit, but its hard to anywhere in the city.

20. chasking

chasking Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Chuck King
    I didn't notice, but I didn't have the best angle. What I could see was certainly interesting, though. I'd never even seen a picture of a Ferrari that color.

21. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Spotted on Sat.eve.-7:00PM-ish...Metallic Orange Gallardo across the street from Ki's Restaraunt on North Av. in Glen Ellyn.(I love that place!!!)

It was parked by D&M Motorsports. Frankie and I went for a little drive,first to see if Lombard Cruise Night started yet,(It hasn't) Then,to check out a Black/Tan Mondial cab. that D&M has For Sale.But,it was inside,as,they were already closed for the day...

22. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #22 FerrariFrank1, May 21, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  23. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
  24. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #24 FerrariFrank1, May 21, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  25. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Im pretty sure I have seen this coffin car at Volo. Along with one of the 8 Barris Batmobiles and Grandpa Munster's car from the TV show "The Munsters." That was a cool show and Grandpa had the hottest wheels.

RocketBoy