Skid Pan Training | FerrariChat

Skid Pan Training

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by daz355, May 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. daz355

daz355 Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2004
    MclarenVille
    Full Name:
    Darren P
    If any one is interested I can organize a skid pan training course with the Kent police.This is a 2 hour course for 4 people(however they will do 2 courses back to back).The cost is 200 pounds per course.It will be held at Kent headquarters in Maidstone(so I am led to believe) and we will be using their car which is in a cradle plus an instructor.There is some theory to be done first before we hit the pan.Date is to be arranged but will most likely be a Saturday morning.
    Daz

2. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    You will find skidpan training very interesting and usefull. At first you will panic but you will learn to controll your fears and your cars, this is the ame when i was evasive driveing trainning, its very scary when the car does things out of the norm and you have to be in controll like J and U turns. I have been on both types of skidpads the one with the constant flow of warter and the one where the car is rigged with four small wheels so the instructor can give the driver a givern energency situation of this choice. You will enjoy it.

3. 355fiorano

355fiorano Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Great idea but my skin crawls and I get goose bumps near police. i can't help it, i think its genetic :D

4. daz355

daz355 Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2004
    MclarenVille
    Full Name:
    Darren P
    There's nothing like a woman in uniform with handcuffs!!!

5. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    ...yeah, as long as she's not the designated driver!

6. Andy hls

Andy hls Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2003
    Kent UK
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Put my name down daz
    only prob is hols end july

7. daz355

daz355 Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2004
    MclarenVille
    Full Name:
    Darren P
    That's okay as we can do it in August or June if need be.

8. daz355

daz355 Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2004
    MclarenVille
    Full Name:
    Darren P
    There might be some confusion over the price for the event.It is 200 pounds for 4 people(ie 50 pounds each).The course only holds 4 people and they are letting us run 2 courses(ie 8 people).Hope this clears things up.
    Daz

9. mal

mal Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2004
    Kent
    I should be OK in August, not June.