Forgive Me Enzo, For I Have Sinned | FerrariChat

Forgive Me Enzo, For I Have Sinned

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by AJS328, May 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    #1 AJS328, May 14, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I know that this is going to be quite a surprise to all of you (I'm still digesting it myself) but I no longer have my Azzurro 328. I made a decision this week to buy another Porsche. The 328 was the car of my dreams and it turned out to be everything that I had always hoped it would be. As much as I loved it though, I needed a change. I use my cars a lot and I was piling miles on the Ferrari like there was no tomorrow. Although the 328 proved to be utterly reliable, it was not going to end up being the ideal daily driver for me. My love of Ferraris has always been coupled with a love for Porsche 911's, and that is what I've chosen to temporarily fill the shoes of my beloved 328. The reason I say temporarily is that I know that I'm going to another F-car as soon as it makes sense for me to do so. I doubt I'll ever find a car as unique as the one I had but, incidentally, I happen to like red on Ferraris as well. :)

The car I bought is a late-1995 993 Carrera 2 Coupe with 38,000 miles. It's finished in Adventurine Green with Marble Gray leather. The car drives like a new one and it's built like a tank. Here are a few pics.

I want to extend a sincere thanks to all of the great people on this site that have made my first Ferrari experience a wonderful one. I don't think I could have made it through without all of the help and advice of the men and women here. I certainly wouldn't have enjoyed it as much. Thank you all. :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Well. let me be the first to say, "Congrats on the new ride!"

Use it well.

DL

3. Yquem

Yquem Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
    BELGIO
    Full Name:
    JR
    Don't understand, sorry.

Joren REMANS

4. JPF

JPF Formula Junior

Sep 11, 2003
    NY
    Full Name:
    Joshua
    No shame in it at all. The 993 (especially the C4s) was the best 911 ever made in my opinion, and the last of the air cooled 911s. Porsches are Porsches and Ferraris are Ferraris, they are totally different cars and having a passion for both is fine. I have the same affliction.

Congrats on the new ride and enjoy!

5. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    keep it forever...get another ferrari later..the coolest cars ever..the 993...Im a turbo guy myself, but the C2 is a close second, or the S for that matter.

6. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    Congrats on the new ride. Looks great!

Are you still moving to SoCal?

Dom

7. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    nice, 993 is my favorite Porsche!

8. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    :(

But if you're happy, I'm happy.

Send me a PM - Would like to know where you sold the 328 & what kind of price. :) I need some tips.

9. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    That's the plan. I'll be out there again next week. See you at "The Cove" :)

10. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Nice!

11. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    Very Nice!

Congrats!

12. cab7104

cab7104 Karting

Mar 25, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Full Name:
    Craig
    I can't say that I don't share your same passion for both a Ferrari and a Porsche. The 993 is one of my favorites. Have fun driving it, and put miles on this like crazy too :)

Craig

13. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Let me be the first to tell you:

You'll be back!!!!

Ferrari ownership is a virus. Once you catch it you can not go without it. There is no counter drug, especially NOT from Germany!
    The virus is in you for LIFE. The only way to escape it is by death!
    To counter the virus you will have to buy another horse (eventually).

The symptoms of the F-Virus are:

* utterly bored with your ride
    * feeling strage when talking to your ride in italian and the damn thing answers "was ist los?"
    * you realize that Fahrvergnuegen has nothing to do with Driving!
    * your heart beating faster when passing your local Pizza place, yet you do not go in to eat but to talk to the owner and hear the lovely accent.
    * the manual in your new car is clear and understandable and yet you feel empty!
    * You start crying in your garage when looking at the small horse in the P-logo.

As Homer said: "He'll be back"
    (it certainly wasnt our last Cheese Doodel !)

14. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Congrats on the 993 - since the first time I took the Boxster S to my Porsche guy here in LA he's been telling me "What you REALLY should have is a 993!"

Bit of a surprise, though, as the last I had seen you were keeping the 328 and bringing it to sunny SoCal.

I saw Jerry's posts already - as Jerry is the official ambassador for blue Ferraris in SoCal I am not surprised he is disappointed.

Enjoy the new ride!!

Cheers
    Kevin

15. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I was looking forward to seeing it. :)

I'll just have to look forward to seeing the 993 now.

16. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Cool, very nice car, best of luck and I hope you can rejoin us soon in the fcar family. :)

17. HUTCH91TR

HUTCH91TR F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Hutch
    GUS - How does Josie like the new ride? And you will certainly miss having the wind blow through your hair on nice sunny days... that is a feeling that only a Ferrari GTS can deliver. I know that feeling of absence all to well going from a 308 GTSi to the TR.
    Nevertheless, congrats on the new ride!!! I look forward to a ride in your new 993 someday!!!

- Will you be bringing it to WWoC on Sunday?

18. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Martin,

That was hysterical! If I want to hear the accent Ill just talk to my family. They're a bunch of "wops"! LOL :)

Hutch,

You are welcome in my car any time! I can't make it to WWOC unfortunately.

Thanks to everyone else for the positive comments. It's helping me get over the withdrawl. :)

19. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Sweet car Gus!! You must bring it to CA and give me a ride though. The only time I have been in a Porsche was as a passenger on a short 2 minute drive. No fun at all :(

20. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    993 is a great car but WHY ?? Poor Azzuro ! :( .

21. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    I love that ad.. Kills bugs fast!

22. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Gus, you're dead to me.

Nice Porsche; too bad it belongs to SOMEONE WHO DOESN'T EXIST...!!!

23. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Nothing wrong with a Porsche 911. If it makes you happy, great. Build up the slush fund, there is nothing wrong with owning both. :)

24. triXXXter

triXXXter Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    Ft. Worth TX
    Full Name:
    Steven G. Ogden
    Car ride whore.

Damn, need to do what you do.

25. Cincy Ken

Cincy Ken Karting

Jan 24, 2004
    Cincinnati
    Congratulations on the new car. I'm sure you'll get a lot of enjoyment from it. My neighbor has a 993 that he loves, and we're always trading stories and information on our cars.

You make this sound like a goodbye. No reason to leave the forum. Being an owner, you're a veteran now, and part of the family. And, as Marlon Brando would tell you, you can't ever leave the family.

Looking forward to hearing more from you. Enjoy the car.