Out of action for a while... | FerrariChat

Out of action for a while...

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by TestShoot, Nov 18, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Well folks I am a couch spud for a bit, doctor's orders. I had a physical for the first time in almost 10 years today and now I am taking it easy. It all started from a bike crash this afternoon on the Newport Back Bay.

I have a slight bit if skin cancer on my left ear (I always knew about that) and a few problems attributed to years of cycling. Lower back is totally messed up, my ear cartiladge is also messed up, whereas my right ear canal is partially collapsed from the wreck today, a few broken teeth (molars), and my blood ph is apparently off.

I have every dvd I ever wanted, now I just want to kill some time, and good recent books, since I have to sit outside while the paint fumes fill my place?

2. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    I hope you recover soon!! If your feeling frisky and want to get out, we're having the drive on Sunday. Just a thought to keep your spirits up!

Sunny

3. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Sorry to hear about the bad news and of your bike accident! Take care and keep yourself safe :)

4. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    A dear friend was cycling 2 weeks ago while training for another triathlon. A car driven by an 18-year-old girl went way off the road, struck him and another cyclist who in an an instant, was in critical condition - I don't know her current status. I do know that my lifelong friend was killed instantly. He left behind a wife and 3 kids.

Be glad that it's only molars and ears and and all else that needs mending, and not hearts.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, and use ice and heat when and where you're supposed to, young testshoot.

5. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    One of my bikes is a Bursford Ultimate, the designer Bruce Bersford designd chasis for Lola, and he was killed riding one day. I ended my pro career in an accident and my plastic knee cap prevents the real power nowadays. I could only wish to do a tri, i have a dense bone composition, so I have trouble floating.

and I am not young, just a little immature. why grow up when i can still have toys? my girlfriend is a clear 10 years younger than me (she is 20) but she live in la mesa, so i have nobody to comeover with a good bedside manner. :(

I was up all lastnight spitting up blood and bits of teeth while I wait for my oral surgeon to return from vacation. (we went to Johns Hopkins together and he knows I am a big baby when it comes to the dentist)

6. Entelechy

Entelechy Formula Junior

May 19, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Chris Cummings
    Wow, very sorry to hear about that...my friend just recovered from his bike going down on Mulholland. He had just bought it and is an experienced rider, but apparently the prev. owner in his attempts to shine the bike up for sale, was a little too liberal with the Armor All on the tires.

Thomas...that's just awful :(

7. HUTCH91TR

HUTCH91TR F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Hutch
    Just take it easy and make a speedy and full recovery!!! I worry about my brother flying around on his 'Busa. Most drivers don't even see or recognize bikes on the road. Best wishes!!!

- Hutch

8. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills

Actually I was bicycling, my Ducati is acting weird. So the only thing between me and the road at 30 mph, was a millimeter or two of spandex.

9. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Good luck, take it easy, and climb back on before too much time goes by!

10. Catherine

Catherine Rookie

May 29, 2003
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Catherine
    Sorry about the crash. I can relate. I had a major bike accident two years ago. Everything happened in an instant. The first thing I can remember was my head bouncing off the pavement and thinking "Heads shouldn't bounce." My helmet broke. My hip broke. What was left of the 2mm of spandex on my body was cut off by the trauma team.

I'm glad your head is still intact. Flesh wounds heal eventually. And, if nothing else, chicks dig body damage!

11. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Intact? nothing to damage.

I have so many scars: 2 bullet holes, a bullet fragment, sheet metal scar on forehead, a pierce that entered right ringfinger and exited right index finger severing stuff (it is hard to even hold a can of coke without crushing or dropping it and my typing sux for it), a plastic plate on my kneecap, so many burns, loads of dog and snake bites... loads more i can't even see to report on but my girlfriends (and a cellmate the one xmas I spent in jail for speeding) say are nasty.

I cycle about 14-16k a year, so I will need to make up about a thousand miles next month when I go riding again.

12. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    *whistles* - mind telling us about the bullets?

Bullet missed my head by less than 2" few years ago while on the 10 - EB @ Fairfax in L.A.. Bullet lodged in a convert. top's latch mechanism on the car I was driving after blasting through the pass. rear window. Said bullet was recovered and sits nearby as a reminder that it didn't have my name on it.

Seems to me your bullets weren't as easy to recover.

13. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Actually we popped them right out on location, left wrist, left elbow.

If we ever meet in person, ask me about them, I don't want to go into details here. Damned training excersizes always leave me bloody and miles from a hospital. But great for parties when my friend says "remeber the time I shot you... twice and the third time when I nearly blew your head off"

Anybody that has ever been to a public range has had close calls too.

14. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Wow! You have seen some action :) I always thought I had the best injuries but they cant compare to the two bullet holes!

15. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    My brother is afraid I am gonna scrap him for parts one of these days.

16. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    LOL!

17. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
  18. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LOL, no wonder - my luck's so bad, most of my scars have healed...!

TestShootCam...
    Sounds like you took a really nasty fall... Above all else, i hope you get right back to how you were, in no time; please have a happy and safe holiday and if there's anything we can do, let us know... Take it easy, man and, like Napolis said, get back on that bike soon... :)

19. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    I still have stiffness in my back and neck, and forget about chewing really hard foods, not like i am mocking my mom's thanksgiving cooking, i am just saying on the way back home, i had to go to the drive-through for something soft.

The bike is fine, the spokes are going to be replaced and the chain I broke is getting an upgrade.

I am gonna ride my Kestrel with Spinergy wheels next week, a reall soft ride, I'll try less thn 10 miles and see how I feel.

I wished I could ride, I really need to ride, I can't stand not riding. It is an addiction. Must ride.... I am thinking about the Colnago CF2 Ferrari mointain bike, since I hate mountain riding, but the cush suspension should be good enough for riding errands around town and the upright position will be soft on my back. Now to call the dealers.

20. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LMAO...!!!

21. Frari

Frari Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    brisbane australia
    Full Name:
    tony
    Hello I see you are in LA. My Wife and I are travelling there in end Feb for a few days and as she is a triathlon nut would like to link up with some riders to keep cob webs at bay is there anyone we can contact to arrange a ride etc. we will also be in San Francisco and about 5 days in San Diego for a conference so any one in these areas who can help it would be great. Regards Tony

22. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Well I live in LA so you pass just above and beneath me. I may go to SD to see my g/f. http://www.triathletezombies.com/

I never did Tri's because my knee is blown and i can't float, i sink when i try to swim :( but Santa Barbara is a big place for Ti's I see Lance Armstrong out there every now and then when they have one going on.

I am gonna try to ride to Newport Automart, to check the F40, since it is only a mile from me, I should be ok, but I am still sore. I try to walk down 17th street to Triangle Square everynight, but I can barely move the following morning.