Saturday, May 15, 2004 -- Birthday Run! | FerrariChat

Saturday, May 15, 2004 -- Birthday Run!

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by ghost, May 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Saturday is my birthday (just think, another year older, and none the wiser). Latest weather forecast is a partially overcast 85 degrees. What better way to celebrate my birthday than to organize another Ferrari drive. ;)

I know the WWoC Tech Day is on Sunday, but for those that would like to have some fun driving their cars, join us for our little drive down the Jersey shore this Saturday.

We're planning to meet up at Lupe's place in Perthamboy, NJ between 8:30 - 9:00am. He is located at 769 Columbus Drive. The plan is to depart around 9:00am for a lovely cruise along the shore to a cute little place we've got earmarked for Brunch. We'll then continue south, where we've pre-selected some terrific roads, with some beautiful vistas of the shore. Lupe promises me the scenery will be "breathtaking." We should be done late morning / early afternoon.

As usual, we'll take in the views, talk Ferrari, and have a lot of fun. We've already got a bunch of people in. Would love to have as many people join as can make it.

Let me know.

Vik.

PS - Those originating from the City or West of the Island, point that out when you post. I'm sure a bunch of us will be caravan-ing down together to Lupe's place.

2. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Happy Birthday, Vik! I burned my clutch out last week trying to keep up with you, so I am sidelined for about two weeks while I wait for F of LI to get it fixed. Have a good one, though..enjoy.
    Sam

3. Prugna 328

Prugna 328 Formula 3

Sep 10, 2003
    L.I.N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Gregory
    Wish I could be there to help you celebrate, the 18th is my b day. Happy b day Vik.

4. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Repeat after me Sam:

"Engage gear, release clutch." ;)

Sorry you won't be able to join us this time around.

5. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Greg, I can't believe this! And the reason you can't come is... ;)

Happy B-Day to you too, my friend.

6. Red360Stradale

Red360Stradale Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Kris G
    So Vik, do I dare ask how old you're turning?

7. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Let's just say it's all downhill from here Kris. ;)

8. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    I'm in for the Birthday Run... Just promise not to wear your birthday suit!

9. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    LOL! Age is just a number hehe. Happy Birthday bro. Saturday for me is looking pretty booked BUT I can fit you in during the morning. THAT WOULD BE FUN!!!! Cruise in the morning with you. Queens in the afternoon for a graduation dinner and then party with you that evening with Emil. LOTS OF FUN!!!

I have not spoken to Lupe but I think you guys can meet at my house. He knows exactly where I live and then we can shoot over 18 to get to the shore. It seems a lot easier. Let me know.

10. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    Im down for the Bday Run. Happy Bday Vik!

11. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    Sorry vik can't make I have a convention to attend to at the Roseland but I will try my hardest to come and wish you a happy b day at Emils when i get out of the conention around 11:30pm

12. red-riot

red-riot Karting

Nov 14, 2003
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Vik, I'd love to make it but I've got diaper duty Saturday. Have a great time and a Happy Birthday.

Jon

13. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam

14. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy

You would think he'd get it cleaned & pressed, at least.
    Well, if you are going to wear it all rumpled, at least throw something over it. :)

I have Dad duty this weekend. Sorry I can't make it.

Happy Birthday!

15. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    Im ready for Saturday!....got my Valentine 1 in the mail yesterday! let's rock and roll!!

oh vik...if u had the chance to get your's and my walkie talkies before this saturday, u mind charging them up before the run?

16. kenster888

kenster888 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Massachusetts
    I'll probably just stop by tomorrow morning to say hi.

17. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Why stop there Ken. We'd love for you to join. Are you sure we can't convince you?! :)

18. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Great purchase -- V1's rock!

Unfortunately, Hubert, the walkie talkies we ordered are still in the mail. However, I've got two from our last run (Emil's and Noah's I think), and will bring those along.

Let's catch up at my place at 8:00am, and head over to Lupe's together.

19. John B

John B Formula 3

May 27, 2003
    NJ
    Vik,

Sounds like you guys are heading right past my area. have a commitment Saturday but if you are right near by I might be able to meet up with you briefly. What is your planned route? I live in Rumson, NJ right on the coast by Sea Bright.

I need to install some new rotors and pads first. Kind of wore 'em out at Watkins Glen a couple weekends ago. Just got the new stuff yesterday.

John B

20. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Hubert, did you find a source for cheap V1s?

21. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    John B, great to hear from you! We're definitely heading into your neck of the woods . In fact, we're having brunch at a place called Maclones (sp?) which is in Sea Bright. Would love to have you join us for brunch, and if you're so inclined, to cruise with us afterwards.

Why don' you PM me your cell, and also keep mine handy (917.656.2280). If you haven't heard from me by 9:45am, give me a shout and we'll coordinate.

Look forward to catching up with you.

Vik.

22. pchop

pchop F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2002
    Usually NY often elsewhere.
    Full Name:
    John
    Hey birthday boy, have a great time! I'll be there in spirit (I have to work tomorrow). Maybe we could catchup either Sat night or Sunday.

23. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    nah....i just ordered direct from www.valentineone.com

people on this ferrarichatboard in the Off Topic Section said that valentines are mainly sold directly, so no major discounts can be obtained for new models.

24. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    I bought my off of the website as well. If you check on eBay, most second-hand units go for about $375 - $380. For another $15, makes sense to get a brand new unit.

www.valentine1.com

25. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Vik:

So can we find out how old you are? Still keeping me in suspense. LOL!

Also did you enjoy the wine???

Talk to you soon Vik

Keith