'interesting train of events' problem | FerrariChat

'interesting train of events' problem

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Nuvolari, May 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone here has ever had a problem with their F-car that was the product of an 'interesting chain of events'. Today I had one. Driving along, it was a hot day and my alarm started going off. For the life of me I could not turn it off to the point that I cut one of the cables (at the side of the road) going to the siren. The alarm went off in the first place because I had the remote in my pocket and somehow the button got pressed. As soon as I hit a bump, there is the alarm set off by the motion sensor. So that was #1. Second was the fact that the alarm would not shut up Once I took everthing apart I found that the A/C housing had a small crack in it, dripping condensation on the main alarm brain causing a short and my problem. So that is my story; 2 'interesting trains of events' leading to a crazy alarm that is now fixed.

Anyone else care to share a story?

2. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Interesting you should mention this. I had a 308 that did exactly this with the dripping condensor. The alarm was running and the maid wires to the unit were in the passenger footwell. I'm dressed like a bum in a nice part of Passedena california. So as I looked in my bonnet for tools and at my 6 is a bum sitting on the curb. Two motor cops came by and hassled the bum. I continued to hang my legs out my car as I openned the footwell to cut the alarm wires. I got in my car and drove off. The cops never even came over to see if the Ferrari was mine. Moral of the story...alarms don't do much and cops...?