"Cleaning up" the garage... | FerrariChat

"Cleaning up" the garage...

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Crawford, May 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Crawford

Crawford Formula 3

Mar 5, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    Full Name:
    Crawford White
    Hi all,

I just painted and put down a new floor in the garage. I hate the idea of having to stick all the junk back in the corner now that the room looks so good.

What does everybody do to hide all their rakes, garbage and recycle cans, assorted crap? I've thought about room dividers or maybe a large curtain to put all the stuff behind. My ceiling is 9' high; it would be nice to have something that goes all the way up to the top. I don't really want to build another wall.

Any ideas?

Crawford

2. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Hire a gardener and ditch the tools, mowers, etc.

Trash cans are a little tougher, but I bet you have room in the den for those.

After all, what's more important, a clean, organized place for your car, or a clean, organized home for you?

3. albertl

albertl Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2002
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Albert
  4. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Store all of the junk in your wife's SUV!

5. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    A curtain works well. Use heavy duty material. Put up hooks and get everything off the floor. It looks a lot neater when things are hanging vertically.

6. Crawford

Crawford Formula 3

Mar 5, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    Full Name:
    Crawford White
    I can't use outside sheds in my neighborhood; they're prohibited by the homeowner association. I did buy a couple of indoor shed. They help, but still look ugly in the garage.