New here, looking for advice | FerrariChat

New here, looking for advice

Discussion in '360/430' started by RIX 360, May 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RIX 360

RIX 360 Karting

May 12, 2004
    West Palm Beach, FL.
    Full Name:
    Ric Newman
    Hello, my name is Ric Newman and this is my first post.I,ve been into Corvette's all my life (don't hold that against me) mostly restoring older ones. My cars are all NCRS Top Flight and done correctly. I'm seriously thinking of getting a 355 Spyder 95-99 and was wondering what I should look out for. So far I've discovered the dash and air bag problems as well as what to hopefully expect from a recent service being done. Is there anything else that might be quirky with these cars.

Any comments or help would be appreciated.

Thanx,
    Ric

2. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Ric,

welcome to Fchat.

Don't come across Corvettes much in the UK, but I've always liked the look of them, and they seem to give plenty of performance for the money.

F355s do have a number of probs that seem to come up from time to time. I'd suggest using the search facility in this forum for advice and see what comes up.

I'd certainly recommend getting a car you are thinking of buying inspected by an expert- they know what to look for and can be impartial. 355s are seductive cars and it is easy to see past faults when you hear that howling engine etc...

Good luck in your quest.

Robert

3. RIX 360

RIX 360 Karting

May 12, 2004
    West Palm Beach, FL.
    Full Name:
    Ric Newman
    I will heed your message. You are right about the Corvettes, I also have an 03 Z06, and it is a lot of bang for the buck in the performance arena. Your also right about the 355 being a seductive machine, I've always wanted one.