Stradale: Help with options needed | FerrariChat

Stradale: Help with options needed

Discussion in '360/430' started by loungedog, Nov 27, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. loungedog

loungedog Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    New Market, Ontario
    I am placing my order in on my car and I would like to get some assistance and opinions on the options for the car. Its a Canadian car so there is no options avail for 4 point harnest, roll bar, sliding window.

1. Exterior Color: I really like the F1 red. My 355 was Corsa Red which was a little more richer in color. Any downsides to the F1 red?

2. Interior color: I like the red on black suede interior but I am worried about how it wears and its resistance to staining. I understand there is a no cost option to go to leather. I believe that the leather would look good as well but I may be changing the true nature of the car in doing so.

3. Radio option: declined it!! The exhaust is all the sound I really need!!

4. Brake calipers: I was thinking of going with the red but I am not sure if there would be a color constrast with the F1 red in lieu of the Corsa?

In looking at the size and finish of the front caliper it would be cool to high-light it.

5. Stripe: I am wondering if it would look to "boy racer" to the general public? The cost is another issue $6000?? My dealer said he is installing a vinyl reproduction of it for $1000 on the car he just received for the show room and I would be able to see if I like it then. He said that with the vinyl if I did not like it I would be able to just take it off.

Any other options?

Thanking everyone in advance!

2. enzoz

enzoz Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I'd take the rosso corsa with black calipers. Tan leather interior and install an aftermarket stereo, just find a powerful one that's not too heavy.

As far as the stripe goes, the more I see it the more I like it. I don't know why people keep freaking out about it. Boy racer? HA! It's a carbon fiber 425bhp Ferrari! Whether the driver is a boy or not, the car is most certainly a racer at heart. Plus it just looks cool. I'd get it if I was getting a Stradale. But then again if I got one it wouldn't be a daily driver anyway so I wouldn't give a flying biscuit what people thought about it... I'd be going so fast on the track they wouldn't even see it. ;) Unless of course I'd take it to get a drink or something, in which case they'd hear the aftermarket soundsystem before seeing the the stripe. Bling bling yo! :D lol

3. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    Have you seen the interior red alcantara in person? To my color challenged eye, it is a bit more brick red than rosso corsa or rosso scuderia. You may like the combo or not, but I'm suggesting that I don't think the interior and exterior reds will match. The red calipers might then add another red(?) There has been a lot of recent discussion of Stradale optioning as folks have ordered, and photos of beautiful Stradales have been posted, so you may want to check the archives if you haven't already done so. I went with the alcantara interior, but I've seen the leather and it looks great. FWIW, my car will be: TDF blue exterior; red calipers; no stripe; no radio; red/black alcantara interior; the "handly" fire extinguisher; I think that's it. Will probably order the factory roll bar and harnesses and have them dealer installed. Good luck, Will

4. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    I would get the hi-fi option, it sounds good to me, I know some stereo people have slammed it but I think it works great and I use it about 1/2 the time, and the volume automatically goes up and down with your car so you don't have to play with it. You can also avoid having the car cut up, scratched up and dinged up by an aftermarket hack.

The red colored interior looks a little pinkish, its your call. I would probably get it or reverse the black and red pattern somewhat. Red stitching looks cool.

I would also order it with carpeting, I know its cute and all to get a $200k car with painted floors, but come on, get the carpeting.

Also, I thought the stripe looked lame until I saw it in person, the level of finish is very nice, I doubt Ferrari is making money on it despite the price. It is very nicely done. (I am not sure having a stripe makes the car stand out significantly more than a bright red quarter million car that is louder than a jet engine)

Just my .02

5. wazza

wazza Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2003
    Loungedog,

I have just taked delivery of mine
    See UK Section
    http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1861

I think the red Calipers are a "Must Have". If there is any difference in the type of red they use for the calipers it's not noticeabe.
    BTW they are huge and they are much more noticable through the large spoked wheels.

Although I agree that the stereo looks kind odd of sitting under the dash
    I would not even think about going for an after market stereo as it would look even more odd.
    The stereo comes nicely wrapped in the same material as your color option for the dash plus you get to huge speekers between the seats that look very cool.

I appreciate that the spirit of the car is to keep off as much loading as possible and thought long and hard before adding the stereo but I came to the conclusion that it was a necissary evil.

I did not go for carpets. In my view I felt they was against the spirit of the car.

I did get the Roll cage and Extinguisher as I expect to track the car in the new year.

The stripe is much more of a personnal thing. For me I chose without as I had not seen it beforehand but I can always add it at a later stage.

What ever you decide, promise you won't be dissapointed.
    The driving experience is just awsome.

Good luck

Wazza

6. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    A) Its fairly orangey... do you like that? I don't, but many people do.
    B) It may not coordinate as well with red calipers or red interior.

OTOH, it is the "new cool color".

Yeah, not sure how the Alcantara will wear... particularly the red. But after seeing it in person, there was no question... I'd try it.

Note that you can choose any color or material for each of the two tones, plus a color for the steering wheel, plus a color for the carpet, plus a color for the stitching.

If the stereo was in-dash, and the speakers were in-walls, I'd have probably gotten it for the rare situation where I want it. But my package shelf is too valuable for me to give up for a mediocre stereo. If I need music, I'll listen to my iPod or the MP3 player in my cell phone (Treo600). If I need traffic reports, I'll get the radio SD card for my phone.

I have red calipers... but I wouldn't get red calipers with a red car... and definitely not with a Rossa Scuderia car. But then I hate mis-matched reds so much so that I wouldn't get red exterior if I was getting red interior (or vice-versa). So that may just be me.

Refer to the thread on whether to get a stripe. Good pros & cons there... plus a poll.

Fire extinguisher if you ever intend to take it to a track.

You'll need to pick a size for your racing seats (if you get the racing seats)... S, M, L, or XL. For resell, get L or XL. I was debating between M and L... the M might be a bit more snug for track days, but the L seemed to fit me better with a wallet in my pocket and a coat on. And L will definitely fit more friends better. So, I went with L.

HTH,

Brian

7. giamma

giamma Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    #7 giamma, Nov 28, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    about the fire extinguisher I was a little disappointed to see that it was the same as the 360 modena, little and very unracy looking. I went for the OMP extinghuisher which is the same as the Challenge , bigger and racier looking.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. thomas_b

thomas_b Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2003
    To 1.) Rosso Scuderia 323 (F1 red)
    This is the most striking color I have seen on a car; it sticks out for miles - especially in the sun. However it fits the character of the car very well and is definitely worth considering.

Note that you will create a riot on the road – my silver Modena was a pain at times – the CS takes it to new levels – somehow I need a stealth car.

To 2.) Red/black Alcantara
    The interior color matches very well with the F1 red - surprisingly. The Alcantara is the way to go it really keeps you glued to the seat. Don’t get anywhere near it with black oil / grease it attracts it form a mile away.

Note, that the red stitching on top of the black dashboard reflect in the windshield if it is sunny. Wear will definitely be a problem because of the rough surface, but the seat and fabric combination makes me feel like I am “glued” into the seat.

To 3.) Radio option
    Not worth it. One option is to get it and take it out – this ensures that you have the pieces and the wiring is in place. Note that you will have two holes if you take the subwoofer enclosure out, which you need to cover.

T0 4.) Brake calipers
    Black if you take F1 red IMHO.

Options to consider:

Surprisingly the sport seats don’t support your upper body very well – the seats in my Modena did a much better job. One way to go would be the 4 point racing seat belts – I am not sure if the require the roll bar – anyhow EU only.

The fire extinguisher is pretty intrusive into the passenger foot room – I prefer the ones that mount to the seat. However I would go for it since with the missing carpet there a so many “sharp” edges that a few more don’t count. Don’t plan of wearing fancy cloth!

I though of adding some pictures of exterior/interior, but I found that they don’t do the actual look any justice – the flash makes it glare.

9. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman
    Loungedog; You must be very excited to be placing an order in on the new Stradale!!

This is a great board to get some great input into the best opinions for your new car!

Here is what I would order:

1. Exterior Color: I also like the new F1 red. This was a color that would cost $5000 to get in a standard Modena...totally suits the flavor of this new model.

2. Interior color: I like the red on black suede interior but the wear would not be as good as the leather finish. I would try a tan leather interior. Plus the smell of a new Ferrari leather interior is better then any around... Staining is also a problem with the suede.

Keep in mind that many of the cars being ordered by the other customers at your dealer may be with the same color options and by choosing a different interior color you would be setting yourself apart from the other Stradale owners.

3. Radio option: I would not order it!!

4. Brake calipers: I would order the red, the brake calipers are so beautiful that it would look great to be highlighted in red! Some beleive that the red on the brakes would not match the F1 red color of the exterior. The brakes are far enough from the body panels that for some one to point out the diffrence would be remote!!

5. Stripe: I would order it from your dealer in vinyl for $1000 and save the $4000! If you don't like it you could always take it off, but, if it is painted on it may be a different problem.

6. I would get the fire exst. that connects to the pass. seat

Good luck... when does your car come in??