The "Yellow Hottie" has a new Master!!! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

The "Yellow Hottie" has a new Master!!!

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by klfpaul, May 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

[seinfeld soup nazi voice] Do I know you? :D :D :D ;) [/seinfeld soup nazi voice]

2. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Kevin - I called you today and left you a voicemail to see how your weekend was. Wanted to hear how you terrorized the 909 area code in the yellow hottie. As you have indicated - and am sure you have experienced even further - a Ferrari is no NSX. Not that there is anything wrong with a NSX mind you. I owned one back in 1991 when they first came out and it was a phenomenal vehicle. Unfortunately, a NSX has no character, no personality, and no pizazz. It is too perfect to be a driver's car. The Ferrari is a driver's car in every way - quirky, loud, obnoxious, flamboyant, hard, etc. Anyway, we all want to hear some of your weekend experiences. Do tell!!

3. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    I have no clue why this post ended up here!! I posted it in that track day thread??? Unfortunately its too late to delete it.

Sorry :)

4. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    LOL!!!

5. Bart

Bart Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Orange County, Calif
    Full Name:
    Bart
    Welcome to ownership of a Ferrari. Now open up your check book.

Good Luck.

6. Ron

Ron Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2002
    LA
    Hey Kevin, a great big congratulations. I'm sure you have the nicest car in Hemet.

Can't wait to see it.

Ron

7. klfpaul

klfpaul Karting

Apr 7, 2003
    Murrieta, CA
    Full Name:
    Kevin Paul
    "Everybody gets thanked except me. Remember I was the one who created the thread and name "yellow hottie"" -LaFun

-Yes and a very appropriate name it is!! Thank you :)

Jeffrey, I got your message and was going to give you a call tomorrow (5/11), today has been "one of those days", I haven't even had time to surf Fchat for new posts every two minutes!! I just had time to thank everyone here before too much time went by. I will still call you tomorrow on my way home if you're not busy. I do have a bit of time now before bed so I will give an impression. I didn't get time to drive the 355 on Sunday like I wanted but I did take it out for a 20 min drive tonight.

1st impression: Driving home on Sat. after picking it up was a rush, my hands were shaking a bit after driving it as I couldn't believe it all worked out. I didn't even go much faster than 60 mph ALL the way home, and I didn't care. I got numerous revs and freeway race challenges on the way home, all of which I ignored and just continued to poke along at 60 mph (I don't think I've ever gone that slow on the freeway, even in U'Haul's)!; I got numerous hoots and hollers while driving city streets; and I only attempted to "open it up" once from 1st gear, and pushed the throttle to where I thought was near wide open, and the car accelerated similar to my NSX, or so I thought....

Come today, I got the bug to take it out again for a quick 20 min or so spin. I just cruised until I got to an area where I could step on it, I thought I would leave it in 1st and bring it up to ~ 5000 rpm (30mph?) from where I would "jump on it". Well, I now know that the 355 throttle pedal "feel" is not linear! It is smooth and light for approximately half the travel and then requires more effort. Now if you see where I am going, on Sat. what I thought was full throttle was actually like HALF throttle! When I mashed the pedal today, the car shot off so fast, and shrieked twice as loud (literally like an F1 car). I have never had such a big grin on my face as I ripped into second, then third, then fourth, going who knows how fast!! I even short shifted it at ~7800-8000. I was going to try another blast taking it to redline, but the gas gauge was reading less than 1/8th and I do not know how accurate Ferrari gauges are. I have run out of gas too many times, and don't want to be doing it in this car!! I can only imagine what the Ferrari V12's and supercars will do! This coming from someone who has been around powerful American V8 drag cars for 10+ years back in the day, heck, I even have my 59 T-Bird that is built up for drag racing and will throw you back hard in the seat, but this was a new experience.

Anyways,

I have yet to do much other than putter around and try a couple acceleration runs, but will continue my impressions as I get more seat time, and twisy road time, and will also post my unbiased impressions of F355 versus NSX. Two cars which I love immensely.

Thanks,

-Kevin

8. RyanZX6R

RyanZX6R Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Riverside County
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    As a friend of Kevin's, I can truly say that this is something that he deserves. I feel like I've been there with him through the whole process of getting the "Yellow Hottie", and actually I have. I was his passenger in the NSX when it came to it's untimely end on Ortega Highway (never had to crawl out of a car that was upside down before!). I spoke with him often after that incident about what car he was thinking about gettin next, hoping that it wouldn't be a convertable LOL.

When he first talked about a 355 I was a bit surprised but I knew how much he loved them. Kevin is right that everything fell into place. It wasn't long at all when he heard about Jeffery's 355. Then it was just a matter of time. Kevin didn't even want to talk about it too much because he didn't want to jinx anything.

I'm sure the "Yellow Hottie" is in good hands. Kevin took real good care of his NSX and I'm sure the same care will fall on the 355. I'm happy for Kevin. Now I can live vicariously through him, and tag along on future drives.

Hmmmm......if only I can get him to let me drive it once......

9. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Oh! So that's what happened! :( I'm glad you both came out OK.

I think many of us will be living through him, too!

Congrats, Kevin! I can't wait to hear your comparisons and watch the stories of the yellow hottie unfold :)

Sunny

10. Wasabe

Wasabe Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    Santa Monica
    Full Name:
    Jennifer
    Gee. No beating around the bush.

11. Wasabe

Wasabe Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    Santa Monica
    Full Name:
    Jennifer
    You have to see it in person. Next to other H2's this is the monkey's butt.

12. Wasabe

Wasabe Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    Santa Monica
    Full Name:
    Jennifer

I want to answer that. But I'll hold my tongue. ;)

13. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Come on lay it one me, I can take it :eek: :D

14. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Wow, things are getting hot in here. :)

15. juicert

juicert Rookie

Mar 17, 2004
    I never understood paying 55k for a chevy tahoe, but that's just me.

16. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

So who is taking off their clothes

:D :D :eek:

17. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    You tell me!!

18. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

I better keep quiet, otherwise Rob will ban me, and then a certain Fchat member will kill me ;) :D