Kit Car: Is this guy serious!? What a JOKE! | FerrariChat

Kit Car: Is this guy serious!? What a JOKE!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by West777, Nov 2, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. West777

West777 Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2003
  2. Stephen S. Saia (sssaia)

Apr 14, 2003
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Stephen S. Saia
    Good thing it has an alarm!!!

So the F-chatters don't steal it to destroy it!

3. tatcat

tatcat F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2001
    panama city beach FL
    Full Name:
    rick c
    as a vw fan i've never understood why kit car people try to make the car somthing it's not. all the work involved in building a kit car should make the car stand on its own merits. the manta montage comes to mind. a great looking car with the vw powerplant. not a ferrari/lambo wannbe. just put vw badges on it a call it what it is.

4. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    It was pretty bad...but it makes me remember when I would have done anything to have a Ferrari (not that though!). But maybe it made him feel good for a while...bless his heart.

Boy am I being a softy tonight.......It was really bad!!!!

Ciao... Dino

5. Tyson

Tyson Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2003
    Idaho
    Usually I get a kick out of stuff like this, I can't even laugh this is so bad.

6. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Warren-

Are you sure you're not a wannabe, and looking for a replica that you hope will fool others.

I can't imagine why anyone truly interested in Ferrari, would visit a Kit Car site, and then make fun of the cars there.

If you can't afford the 'Real' thing, say so; and if you're looking for a replica too, say so......it's no big deal!

Don't knock others who can't afford their dream; it puts you in the same category!

7. West777

West777 Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2003
    Thanks for the concern. Actually I searched for 'Custom Ferrari' on the www.google.ca search engine, hoping to find a nice F50 with exterior or engine mods, and this link came up as 'Custom F50'. Thinking it might be cool, I opened it. But like I said, Thanks for the concern Darolls!

8. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Seeing things like this, makes me wonder how people could drive something like that with a straight face. You couldnt get me to even sit in it, let alone be seen in it. If your going to make a kitcar, make an Ultima, or a Cobra, but that is disgusting.

9. Tyson

Tyson Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2003
    Idaho
  10. West777

West777 Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2003
    Thanks for the link. Now THAT is what I was looking for. That car had an awesome sound. Id like to know how fast he got goin in Video 9!

Thanks for the link Tyson.

Allan, I agree. The Cobra is definitely an exception to the rule!

11. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    I am not sure what is worse: The guy's grammer or the car itself! Rob needs to add the icon of the round face that pukes for ad's such as these! This one is pretty bad!

12. mr. green

mr. green Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 31, 2003
    I think it's a POS. On the other hand for 25k what other car would get you into bed with hot chicks. ( Most chicks would not know the difference) If you look at it from that perspective it might be 25k well spent.

13. FerrariStuff.com

FerrariStuff.com Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    www.************.com
    Full Name:
    Jack Habits
    My favorite part:

>>>
    it has a working glove box
    <<<

Jack

14. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Gee you guys are been a bit hard ... it definitely is not the worst replica I have ever seen :D

What I cannot understand with these sort of replicas is that the CAR is still a Feiro (sp?) when finished and must still perform like one, and sure does not look like a Ferrari unless you have drunk a bar dry all by yourself.

This is different to the Cobra or GT40 replicas where they must drive similar to the original and be a lot of fun ...

Young fools, where would we be without them!

Pete

15. bert308

bert308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2002
    Roermond Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bert Kanters
    That F50 replica is a fun car for a 22 year old. Would be sad if you're 50+ and drive a thing like that.

16. TOM B

TOM B Formula 3

Jul 24, 2003
    Orange County, NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Buckley
    I once had the idea of taking an F50 and converting it into a Fiero. Lucky thing for all I went back on my medication. ;)

17. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    whats the matter with you guys ? it had me fooled, especially that carbon fiber interior & that mighty engine :)

18. vanimal

vanimal Formula Junior

Mar 19, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Vaughan
    Omigod - pray tell, what ferrari do the door panels come from, and the ferarri wheels???. As for the 12 inch subs above your head - is that to play real engine soundtracks???? oh and ofcourse - all F50's had auto trannies??? This guy should have spent his money on some therapy or education......

19. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

LOL that is one sweet ride! I was kinda wondering what Warren was doing surfing the kit car ads too - LOL.

What I think really sucks, is that if a real F50 owner wanted to register his car in VT... the logical vanity plate was unanavail because of this heap.

Greg

20. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    What kills me is the 6x9's on the center armrest - at an angle. Tacky to no end as speakers in a center armrest are - he could have gone with 5 1/2 rounds, no?

21. pete04222

pete04222 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Maine, USA
    Full Name:
    Peter Cyr
    "Pedals say ferrari and it has a working glove box"

Wow! The pedals on my Ferrari don't even say Ferrari! And a working glove box! My Ferrari doesn't even have a glove box! I've got those little pouches on the doors.

"This is a real ferrari dash with push button starter"

Wow! I have to use a key to start my Ferrari!

"i have bought alot of ferrari parts to make it hard to tell that it is a replica."

My car is made entirely of Ferrari parts and I still get people asking me if it is a real Ferrari or a kit car!

22. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
  23. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Formula 3

Apr 20, 2002
    "Pedals say ferrari and it has a working glove box " LOLOL plus I remember how cool the wood trim option was on the real F50 LOLOOL

24. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    You guys have to get lives!

You spend so much time knocking the failings of a replica; when your time would be better spent, studying your academics!!

Other than me, are there any F-car owners in this thread??

25. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    I'm guessing there are a few really bored guys with nothing better to do right now that don't like working/studing or whatever. I know I don't. In fact, I am going to get me a drink.