Meet on Sunday | FerrariChat

Meet on Sunday

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by bobafett, Oct 31, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Ok guys, so the plan is as follows;

Meet at 92 & Canada Road @ 8.30am. Drive up to the Ritz for breakfast.

I have my mobile on, and you guys can PM me for detailed route info. Basically, if yuo are taking 280, take the Edgewood / Canada Road exit (DO NOT TAKE 92 FRMO 280!). Go west bound (left if you are taking 280N, right if you were taking 280S) and go all the way out to the T. At the T, make a right, continue down until you see us at the stoplight.

From anything east of 280 (ie 101, east bay, etc.) - Take 92W (92 is also the San Mateo Bridge). Continue down 92, past El Camino Real, past Alameda de Las Pulgas, past Hillsdale, past De Anza, past Ralston, and past 280. JUST after 280 you will see a 'Reduced Speed Ahead' sign as well as 'Freeway Ending' signs. IMMEDIATELY then, you will see a traffic light (as you are passnig under 280), which is green for the continuing traffic and red for the left turn. Make the left turn and you will see us right there (that is Canada Road).

You can not get to 92 & Canada if you take 92 from 280. You will have to come back down.

--Dan

2. Noelrp

Noelrp Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2001
    SSF
    Full Name:
    Noel
    That's the rest area right? or are you taking about the dirt road where the bicyclists park their cars?

3. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    ***ATTENTION***

Guys - I'm an idiot. On Sundays they shut down Canada Road for the cyclists. New meeting point will be the Park and Ride on Black Mountain Road. It's on the West side, so turn left if you were on 280N and right if you were on 280S.

--Dan

4. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    FYI; Black Mountain Road is about 2 miles north of 92 from 280.

--Dan

5. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    ***CORRECTION***

We are meeting on 92W. NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE COMING FROM, we are taking 92W. There will be a parking lot once you go down west.

--Dan

6. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Are you guys reading this?? HELLO??? Respond here damnit

--Dan

7. v8esprit

v8esprit Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    I'm the only one paying attention and I think I'm really confused.

When you see a red blur pass and then wait four minutes, and then see a bunch of CHP fly by in the same direction, you can assume that I passed it.

I'll be there, I think my car was born on Skyline.

-Lox
    Palo Alto, CA
    97 Lotus Esprit V8
    red/tan

8. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    92W it is! Hopefully there'll be some kinda parking lot type of thing... If it's only Lox, Dan, Norm, Alexandra and I, I will hold rob PERSONALLY responsible :) (kidding. A little.) (you know, that's actually a decent little group though. It'd be better if we all had cars though!)

Lox- Who are you, and what have you done with Lox! If the CHP are only 4min behind you, I'll assume you've been abducted by aliens, and only your leftover residue of speed is guiding the car. 4min is allowed if they are heilos though.

PS: Dan, get some sleep. Not because you've posted late tonite yet, but because I know you will!
    !

Best!
    Ben.

9. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Ben - how did you know?!?!

This whole new forum thing is bothering me - we have lost too much.

--Dan

Artherd likes this.
  10. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    Dan- I'm sitting right behind you. {BOO!}

Agreed on the new forum. I feel like I traded my Ferrari in for a 4wd porsche! (with a gawdy aftermarket DVD player I can't work!)

hrm... {registers 'oldferrarichat.com'}

11. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    hahaha, I'll help you out with that one buddy!

Hey, tomorrow we'll have a lamborghini murcie (some hot blue color), and possibly anohter 360. i was on my way home on 280 when this thing came SCREAMING up behind me. we ran until we hit about 160ish and I was like uh...**** me...

Anyways, he's coming. His passenger has a 360, and another friend with a spider might come too. Also, I met and dragraced (sort of) a carrera 4S, although the guy isn't the coolest. I was spinning (read: ASR) in 1st, 2nd and 3rd and he was barely keeping up. HAH.

--Dan

12. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    Dan- ROCK!

13. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    STAR! :D

--Dan

Ok, I'm actually going to *try* to sleep a little early. Maybe by 2 or so. I really don't want to go to bed at 5 and wake up at 7. We'll see what happens. I can say one thing with some safety - I won't be pinging FC...

14. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    Have fun guys, won't be able to make it tommorrow.
    The last drive was great.

Vincent.

15. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Sorry to hear it...catch you next time!

--Dan

16. tzucc

tzucc Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2003
    Dan, I'm in....92W, 0830, looks like.

Burgundy 72 Dino 246GT.

17. tzucc

tzucc Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2003
    Thanks for organizing Dan. I had a great time meeting you all and doing the drive. I was also happy to run interference for the group and show the Sheriff I could keep to the speed limit exactly, until he just had to pass me and try and catch up with the rest of you.

18. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    Guys-

Sorry I missed it this morning. This damn cold has got the best of me now!
    Till the next one....

R

19. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Rich: sorry you couldn't come - your presence was missed.

Tony: Glad to see you out there. Next time I see you in Santana Row, maybe you'll be nicer! :D Your car is GORGEOUS. BTW, thanks for playing buffer... :D ;) Oh - when did you take off? I'm assuming you took Big Basin down?

GUYS - FANTASTIC RUN! I definetly enjoyed this one. Looking forward to the pictures. Of course, Faisal's brilliant way of getting the cop's attention, and then diverting it to Noel and Tony. :D

Seeing Ferdi's Murcie hove into the rear view with every turn was almsot surreal. Baron and Victor came screaming up behind. Of course, playing catch-up with Faisal (in pursuit of Lox-star) was great fun, except my ears are still ringing. The flames!! :D

One interesting thing: our pictures might be int he Mercury News. The guy with the Orange shirt and tripod was a SJ Mercury photographer.

OH - no offense, but the Ritz is out. Definetly overpriced and not cool like our usual affair. Let's stick to moonside and get to know them better.

Overall, I'm still running on all 12 cylinders. Faisal: good times on the way up 101 to 380 :)

Oh, and a big thanks to Lox for his hospitality, and Faisal for the Fred Steaks. Good to see everyone again.

--Dan

20. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
  21. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Are URLs not parsing for other people?

--Dan

22. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    Not working for me either.

Sounds like you guys had quite a time. Wish I could have see the Dino, one of my favorite cars.

Vincent.

23. storminnormin

storminnormin Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2002
    California
    URLs not working for me either.

Had a great time today. Too bad I had to leave early. It seems like I always miss the exciting parts involving law enforcement. Damn! Met a bunch of new guys. This group is really growing large!! Super!! I think we should stick to Moonside Bakery next time.

24. Stickanddice

Stickanddice Formula 3

Nov 2, 2002
    I would think that's a good thing Norm! :)

Cheers

25. Noelrp

Noelrp Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2001
    SSF
    Full Name:
    Noel