Ferrari event this past weekend in South Haven? | FerrariChat

Ferrari event this past weekend in South Haven?

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by Parker, May 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Parker

Parker Karting

Mar 26, 2002
    Columbus, OH
    My future in-laws were at their boat up in South Haven, Michigan and they said they saw a ton of italian cars (Ferrari, Maserati, etc.). Was there an event this past weekend (May 15th-16th) at the Gingerman Raceway?

My future mother-in-law knows that I have loved Ferraris since I was a kid (my grooms cake is the Ferrari shield), so she went and talked with an owner of a F355 that was stopped getting gas. The owner was from Cincinnati and said he and his wife both raced. He was very nice and even let her sit in the car. Not sure if this person is on this board or not, but if so...thanks, you really made her day!

2. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    Yes, the FCA Central States region was there. I saw a bunch of F-cars on 31 and 94 as I traveled south on friday and north on sunday evening. Unfortunately I could not attend this year due to a schedule conflict.

3. BrentC

BrentC Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2003
    It was quite an event. We were there Sunday. got to ride in a 355, a Maserati coupe and... AN F40! The people were great and very generous with their time and knowledge. Lots of challenge cars there and some CS's.

Rob Schermerhorn - were you there? I tried finding you, but nobody seemed to know if you were there.

Brent

4. rexrcr

rexrcr Formula 3

Nov 27, 2002
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Full Name:
    Rob Schermerhorn
    Had a gig in Detroit come up at the last minute with DCX. It was a tough call. I have been consulting with them on the 300, and they asked for a couple extra days.

Sorry I missed out.