Online Ferrari Options and MSRPs? | FerrariChat

Online Ferrari Options and MSRPs?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by TimF40, Nov 29, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TimF40

TimF40 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Seattle/Bay Area/NYC
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I'm trying to recreate the approximate MSRP of a new 360 coupe with various options so I can evaluate various "asking" prices. The standard sites like edmunds, yahoo, etc., don't have anything but base prices. i.e., You can't "build" a 360 with options and see what the resulting MSRP is.

Since some options a are fairly pricey, getting the correct MSRP makes a big difference in evaluating a particular car. Asking my local F-car dealer to run prices gets old (for them) real quick.

Basically, I'm looking for an online "build and price your own Ferrari" site?

Thanks for any pointers - Tim

2. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    the closest thing i've found for this is that one of the UK sites has a full listing (though obviously in pounds sterling). you can convert those to dollars (or whatever you please) and you'll get something that is "directionally correct", though hardly "accurate".

doody.

3. ty (360mode)

ty (360mode) Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2002
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    just list the year and options here and i'm sure we can give you an appx price as most of us keep our window stickers. there are enough of us that i'm guessing we've got every option covered.

imho, i wouldn't get too hung up on figuring the exact msrp and how that correlates to the used market. basically, the most important things are condition (service), mileage, F1/6spd and color. of course "good" options will add value, but in my experience, not a significant amount.

good luck!

4. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Yeah, it seems to me like options will be the first thing you will lose money on in a new car. They can definitely make the car sell quicker, but not always for a much higher price.

5. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    The price of options went up alot from 2001 to 2003 when I bought my second 360. They leave the price open to allow for increases. In 2003 mine were as follows: red calipers-715, 6 disk cd-1086, daytona seats-2203, dedication plate-334, electric seats- 1998, rear challenge grill-623, shields-1188, modular wheels- 2364, colored roll bars leather-355, high power stereo with sub woofer-1612.

6. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    My local dealer, Ron Tonkin, has an online configurator. Go to http://www.tonkin.com, select "Ferrari" and go through the menus.

7. lapeter

lapeter Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2002
    SunValley ID&Kapalua
    Full Name:
    Al LaPeter
    Donv,
    I went to tonkin.com and got MSRP for the 2003 spider, but it did not show any options available. Can you help?
    Al

8. scott63

scott63 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    The following are numbers for my late build 2003 F-1 coupe:

Car:$154,090
    Prep and delivery:$350
    Gas Guzzler tax:$4500

6 CD Changer $1086
    Davtona Seats $2203
    Electric Seats $1998
    Shields: $1188
    Modular Wheels: $2364

Destination Charges: $1350

The 2004 base car prices have risen by about $3,000, option prices are also up slightly....

9. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I guess you are right-- in the upper right corner of tonkin.com there is a link for "options and packages" but for the 360 it just lists colors.

It's cool that they have the Enzo on there, though!

10. TimF40

TimF40 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Seattle/Bay Area/NYC
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Good info folks - Thanks.

The option prices are necessary because I've found a few cars that are listed as "delivery-only" miles. I'm curious to see how much over MSRP they're asking so I know how much room there might be in price.