Additional Photos from the French Quarter Classic Track Day | FerrariChat

Additional Photos from the French Quarter Classic Track Day

Discussion in 'Louisiana' started by richard, Nov 4, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    Hey guys,

My video crew and I (you might recall us in the Nissan Z and Subaru WRX) have finally started to get all of our photos and video in order. We took approximately 600 photos and 7 hours of video over the first two days of the event, and although we are still working on the video I thought I'd post up a few photos.

There are obviously a lot of other photos (by other photographers) floating around so I dug through the ones we took and found some good angles that I haven't seen yet. Since we took tons of photos and I am bogged down with work I only had time to size down a few -- Franco's 360 and John's 355.

Franco: 1, 2, 3

John: 1, 2

I do have a lot of other photos, but some of the cars I just didn't manage to get photos of (sorry Paul and Mark). If you were at the event or are a New Orleans member, just ask in this thread and I will see what I can do about getting you some photos of your car from our archive -- keep in mind we also have a load of photos from the concourse, not just the track. If you like what you see then I will gladly send some high resolution versions to you individually. PLEASE make sure to specify model and color!

I also have a lot of video from the high angle of all of the cars, plus tons of road footage. Sometime early next week I will try to upload a short video clip of some of the highlights. A lot of our footage is going to be used in the VHS tape that is being sold, and (hopefully!) we will be teaming up with the maker of that next year to do a killer DVD.

Cheers,
    Richard Thompson

2. ljsaia

ljsaia Rookie

Mar 25, 2003
    Houma, Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Lyndon Saia
    Your pictures are great! I sent my check for the video a couple of days ago. When you get a chance check to see if you have any photos of my car. 1998 F355 GTS Red, Black targa top, Black interior. At the track I had a white helmet with Ferrari Shield sticker on the side and was wearing a blue jean shirt. There was another car simular to mine driven by a lady from texas. check my avitar.

Thanks,
    Lyndon

3. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    The video is being done by a gentleman named Joe. We both got a lot of solid footage and so we are sort of putting our heads together in an attempt to turn out the best video possible, as well as shoot an even more comprehensive and serious video next year -- this year was the first either of us had tried to film it and so we lacked some of the knowledge and planning that can only come from having experienced the event. You know what that means...IT ONLY GETS BETTER FROM HERE! :D

As for photos of your car...I came across a few that I believe to be your car. Let me know if these are actually yours, I had to do some educated guessing :) All three of these were taken on a Canon e10 which if I recall has a 4.0 megapixel ccd...so they are slightly lower quality than some of the other photos. I am not incredibly happy with these but #3 with you and the F40 is pretty slick. Hopefully you'll enjoy them!

Lyndon: 1, 2, 3

Cheers,
    richard

4. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Hey Richard,
    Those are some great pic's! I'm going to be sending my check for the video this weekend. Could you repost the info that you put up on the old board? (Amount/address/etc)
    BTW, if you get a few free moments, you could check for my car. Red/Tan 328 GTS with fender shields. At the track, I had a red helmet on and at the Concourso, my car was the lone 328 on the left lawn where we had the 308,328,348,355,and 360 by themselves.

Thanks,
    Dave Goldman

5. Tifosi1

Tifosi1 Formula 3

Feb 17, 2002
    Pearl River, LA
    Full Name:
    Kelly J. Vince
    Lyndon, was that an orange cone sticking out from under you car????

Sorry, I just had to say that.

Of course you can come back and say Screw you Kelly. That may new moto for a happy customer at next years event.

Feeel the love. HAHA

Kelly

6. ljsaia

ljsaia Rookie

Mar 25, 2003
    Houma, Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Lyndon Saia
    Richard:

Those are all pictures of my car. Thank you, I appreciate photos!!! I can't wait to see the video!

Lyndon

Kelly:

I still have those cones and I have an idea where to put them! From Orange to Brown!

Lots of love,
    Lyndon

7. Tifosi1

Tifosi1 Formula 3

Feb 17, 2002
    Pearl River, LA
    Full Name:
    Kelly J. Vince
    You hit them, I'll bring the jack.

Let me know when your in town, let's get some lunch.

Kelly

8. Tifosi1

Tifosi1 Formula 3

Feb 17, 2002
    Pearl River, LA
    Full Name:
    Kelly J. Vince
    Oh, I forgot, you would use a little KY jelly for me HUH????

9. Stephen S. Saia (sssaia)

Apr 14, 2003
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Stephen S. Saia
    I will. That's for lunch. I can't say about the KY.

Lyndon

10. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Kelly, the motto of the Stern Show used to be F jackie refering to writer Jackie Martling maybe our motto will now be S KELLY , that way we can identify "friends" :)

11. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    Apologies for taking so long, fellas...I have got to skip town for the weekend. When I come back I'll sort out some additional photos. Cheers,

richard

12. John Peterson

John Peterson Karting

Nov 17, 2003
    Montpelier, VT
    Full Name:
    John M. Peterson
    My sister had the other red 355 that Lyndon was talking about. If you get a chance, would you check for any pix of her car, please. We both drove it at different times and the black top was always on. Thanks...Dr J

13. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    What is your sister's plate, "VALENTINO" or "VROOOM"? I think those were the two ladies in 355s. If your sis is "VROOOM" she actually did a very entertaining interview for the video being put out. We are all working overtime on that thing as is. There's a lot of footage...making cuts is sooo difficult! :)

14. malcolmb

malcolmb Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2002
    San diego
    Full Name:
    Malcolm Barksdale
    Dont you dare cut the footage of Gary Bobileff and Magie pushing my Daytona, I have plans for that show....

15. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    I'm sure it's all somewhere in the 50+GB of raw video!

16. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Richard,
    Could you repost the order info for the video?

Thanks,
    Dave

17. John Peterson

John Peterson Karting

Nov 17, 2003
    Montpelier, VT
    Full Name:
    John M. Peterson
    Hi Richard...her plate is VVROOM! Quite a character she is...and I am partly responsible, since I loaned her my '67 Triumph Bonneville back in the late 60s to do an album photo shoot, even before she had a driver's license! I know that she's ordered a video, but if you have any extra pix from the track...that would be GREAT! My baby is an '83 512 BBI, #48255, with VT plate BOXER, maybe I'll make it down there one of these years and let her flog my car around the track, as she has done before at Lime Rock Park and was so kind to allow me the use of hers. Thanx for the "e"...Dr J

18. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    Here's what Joe (the guy shipping the tapes) posted:

19. Chip D

Chip D Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2003
    Louisiana
    John I found two pics of your sisters VROOM car I had taken

20. Chip D

Chip D Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2003
    Louisiana
  21. John Peterson

John Peterson Karting

Nov 17, 2003
    Montpelier, VT
    Full Name:
    John M. Peterson
    Hey, Chip...can you post the pix? TY...Dr J

22. John Peterson

John Peterson Karting

Nov 17, 2003
    Montpelier, VT
    Full Name:
    John M. Peterson
    Thanx, Chip...nice shots...Dr J

23. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Richard,

I have to get this tape!! Please ask Joe how much extra S&H he needs to ship to Canada? Thanks.

Joe

24. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    Joe,

there will be a biggish post with all the information available as soon as we finish. So long as you are willing to pay the extra for shipping to Canada, I see no reason why this will be a problem. We will figure everything out when it is time :)

25. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Thanks Richard - really looking forward to it.

Joe