Anyone know where to find a '40 Chevy model? | FerrariChat

Anyone know where to find a '40 Chevy model?

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by FerrariFrank1, Nov 28, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    O.K.,O.K...I know it's not a Ferrari. But,it's for my 80 year old Father-in-Law,and I figured that if anyone would know,the guys here would for sure. He wants to get a model of every car that he ever owned,and paint them the same colors. (I'd like to do that someday,too. But,my cars will be alot easier to find than his are-Mine were mostly Muscle Cars and Vettes.Already have quite a few of my 308) It doesn't matter what scale. He prefers 1:24,as,I found a model of his very first car,a '41 Chevy Convertible,in that size. But,the '40 Chevy was his first,"Brand New" car that he bought after he got back from the War,and was especially proud of that one because it was his first,"New" Car.($550.00!!) He also had a '55,and '57 Chevy,which are very easy to find. I recently went to a car show,that had several model car vendors. Thats where I found the '41 Convertible. But,no '40. Tried 3 other vendors,and could only find '39 Chevy's. No good. It's gotta be a '40 Chevy Coupe or Sedan. So,if anyone can point me in the right direction,it would make an old man's day. Thanks alot!!

2. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    red,

I searched about 15 different model sites, and while '41 Chevys are all over the place, I couldn't even find a mention of a 1940.

On one site (AutoEarth), where there is a drop-down menu to choose the year of whatever car you're looking for, the Chevy menu went from '39 to '41. I wonder if there is something unique about that model year?

3. rr1973

rr1973 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    DieCast Collector
    Full Name:
    Ramon Ramirez
  4. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Thanks for those tips,guys.I really appreciate it. Every so often,they have a Model car show and swap,at a local Holiday Inn. So,I'll check that out,too. Thanks again! Yeah,I could find '39's,and '41's,but no '40's either. BTW,Joe V.,I did not see any 288GTO's at the Chevy/Vettefest. But,I did ask a few of the Model vendors,and there is one guy from DeKalb,IL. (Cindy Crawfords hometown! :) ) That I was talking to that had a TON of "New" old Models still wrapped in boxes,(the Revell and other "put together" kind) But,he also had a bunch of 1:18,and 1:24 Die cast models,in box.(Hotwheels brand,too.) He told me that he had a ton more back at his place,that he didn't bring with him. I got his # and he told me to check back with him,after he got back to his store. So,I will. Otherwise,he said he go on the hunt for one,too. I might take a drive out there to see what he has.

5. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe