Doggy-dyno results are final. | FerrariChat

Doggy-dyno results are final.

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by TestShoot, Nov 29, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Dog (as seen here) or here http://www.testshoot.com/tim/1.jpg passed away about 16 months ago. I sure could use him to go to the fridge and retrieve some food while I am on the couch here. Coming up on the Xmas season, I miss our little adventures in the snow. But I thought I'd share some pulling event results that I recently found with you.

Parked jeep wrangler pulled 120ft in 60 seconds on concrete
    200lb sled of bricks pulled 500ft in 60 seconds on concrete
    600lbs of school children pulled 400ft in 2 minutes on ice dressed as rudolph

Pull started over 10 cars in his lifetime. Hitch dog to front (he naturally wants to pull) and drop the clutch.

Eaten back seat of two Port of LA K9 units. Pee'd on as many police tires. Eats a pound of cookies as fast as you can say Oreo.

2. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    I know it's been a while, but sorry about losing him. I know how hard it can be. Was he a Huskie, or a Malamute (sp?)? I've seen the pulling competitions on TV, and they're really impressive. I never knew how strong they actually were.

3. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    it isn't the same without him wearing antlers or a red nose. he was an Alaskan Malamute, arguably the strongest breed of working dog. Weight pulls this time of year are like watching 1/4 mile runs, it is great to see what a training regimen and a motivated dog can do.

I am trying to find a good breeder or the local Malamute rescue foster home (rescue dogs love you more) oh well, now i have to open my own presents and eat my own cookies.

4. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    My wife and I just got our second Golden Retriever, and she's just shy of 5 months. Our other one is 2 1/2 years, and they're a lot of fun. We just had to cancel our Mexican trip because the puppy is too sick to board her. But, they're our kids, so what can you do? What did you feed him, by the way?

5. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Blondes

6. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Actually eukanuba and lots and lots of pasta and bread, he had a carb fetish. at one point he weifed in at a meet at nearly 140lbs, of pure muscle. the average weight is like 80, unless they are wiegh pullers. some get to be 160 on certain diets.

we used to breed goldens back in ny, my mom, the society lady she was, needed a hobby, so showdogs. not common for them to get sick so young. has she had all her shots?

7. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    She had her final distember, etc., on the 20th. On Monday, we dropped her off at daycare as a "test" for her. Our kennel is cageless, and they require a couple visits before they'll accept a dog to ensure compatability. On Wednesday, she threw up in the car on the way to Michigan. She wouldn't touch her food the rest of the day, which is unlike her. We weren't overly concerned, figuring she picked up a little bug, plus the possibility of car sickness. We wanted to be sure it wasn't Parvo, though, since some of the signs were there (Won't eat or drink water, diarrhea, slight fever). T-Giving night we went to the emergency room. XRays showed 2 small items in her stomach (probably teeth or gravel), but not enough to be a blockage, and they gave her SC fluids and an antibiotic shot. Yesterday morning she went to the regular vet who OK'd her to start eating lightly, and to stay at the kennel. We did so, everything was looking good, and at 5 pm she threw up everything she had eaten all day! So we figured it was best to scrub the trip and keep an eye on her. We've got her on an ultra bland diet, small portions, and so far so good. Her normal diet is a raw diet supplemented with extra fruits, vegetables and vitamins. But for now it's boiled chicken and rice.

8. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

Here's our girl: black lab mix, 90+ lbs. She is a rescued dog too. Previous owner died so we didnt get any records or papers. We guess she 5-6 yrs old. She is the most loving and gentle animal I have ever known!

9. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I'm a cat owner with two "terrors" in the house...Buddy and Mattie. But this thread really gives me the warm fuzzies about getting a dog, Thanks a Lot?

10. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Gilles27, lamb and rice is good too, while she is young, the chicken fat will be great for her coat.

Being single, my dog got lots of what I ate, mostly loads of chicken steak and lots of pasta. Due to his size and my eating habits (like a bird i am told) I made portions of just about everything for 3. GULP! My cat would go on the kitchen counter scouting for dinner and would knock off what the dog wanted. The dog on the other hand would brute force open the cat food. The cat was recon!

He lived to the ripe old age of 12 which for a large dog is still a little short. He started in NY then came to LA then went to NC where he passed on. My baby cousin Maya loved him so much, when her mom was pregnant, my dog stayed with her. He would stand up and let her mom use him to help her get around the house. He thought if you were on the floor he would lend a paw so you could prop yourself up on him. When Maya was born he would sleep at the foot of her crib to keep her company and amuse her, if she cried, he would go wake up mama. Malamutes are real people puppies.

Greg C love the lab! so cute. Her demeanour must have been carried over from a loving owner. I have had a Shar Pei and a ChowChow as rescue/foster pets. I never thought I'd become like my dog, thought it was in reverse, but one morning I did a Shar Pei hip-check to my girlfriend. I miss my wrinkled mutt too!

11. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    #11 F40, Nov 29, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  12. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills

Does he herd you (like a collie) and bite your butt (like a german shep)? seems to be a happy dog.

13. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    I guess he does herd me, since hes always follwing me, but he doesn't bite. He was happy, we were going for a walk. :)

14. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills

My cousin's have a border collie, she gets all hyper when she hears the leash, you can't even say the words walk or leash around her, she'll knock you down and go to the front door.

15. BigDog

BigDog Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    under the sea!
    my condolences to you Test, i know exactly how you feel

a few yrs ago (5 actually) i lost a german shepard to cancer... even to this day it still hurts thinking about it... he fought it all the way to the end... i have another german shepard now that i got later that yr... he doesn't take the place of my first one, but he's def got his own place with me...

16. BigDog

BigDog Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    under the sea!
    both pics are of my 2nd german shepard

his name is Kundan

17. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Cute animals guys! You guys all have "real" dogs. My dog (named Midnight) is a little bastard...growls and tries to attack us every time we leave hte house without him. Although I think its a sign of love :) I love him to death though. He has quite an attitude for a dog and is very emotional. He is also about 20 pounds over weight and 12 years old! Our family has a history of having insane pets and he fits nicely in to the tradition :)

Along with the dog we have an insane wild cat named Aubrey. Boy does she have a funny story. A few years ago we used to always see her sneaking around our backyard and we would yell for Midnight to chase her away. Being old and slow my dog never caught her but always managed to scare her half to death. Funny thing is, earlier this year she crawled into our backyard and had 4 kittens in an alcove. They managed to stay hidden behind our trash cans for a couple of months without us even knowing they were there. Finally after spotting them and gaining their trust we started feeding them all. Unfortunately we couldnt keep all of them for a number of reasons and we had to let the kittens be adopted. We made sure they went to good families though. We kept Aubrey and eventually took her inside. At first we were worried she would rip up the house and try and escape, but man she is LOVING it. Ive never seen such a content pet before in my life :) She has become very trusting of us and apart from her fulfilling her instinct and stalking us out of boredom all night, she is pretty normal! Nothing like having a cute kitty curled up to you at night! Nothing like how she stands on your chest at 5am and tries to wake you up to feed her either :)

Here is my dog! Note the cute grey hairs on his chin :)
    Cat coming up next.

18. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    My cat Aubrey

19. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    bigdog, i had a shep in highschool like that, sable colored i think hey are called, she was a police dog in training but my mom wanted her as the family pet. she got a weird skin rash and lost all her fur, for 3 years we tried everything until we finally had her put down, her name was crackerjack or cj for short.

jordan cute cat