Turkey, what to do with it all | FerrariChat

Turkey, what to do with it all

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by TestShoot, Nov 28, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    It seems my brother left his left overs at myplace, scratch that, "Ditched" his left overs in my fridge. My mom's fiance made 46 lbs of Turkey, he is a vegetarian, and so I have probably 12 lbs of white meat in my fridge accounting for the "Turkey door prize"

Being a vegetarian it is a little dry to begin with. I had a Turkey omlette for breakfast, and late last night I had a LARGE sandwich.

What should I do? Find some stray cats and feed them? Then I am the crazy cat guy.

2. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    UPS some to me! I got so hammered at my mom's yesterday (gotta do this to stomach the relatives) that I didn't want to kill my buzz when it came time to eat. The next thing I know, we gotta go (don't worry, the wife was driving) and the plate my sister made for me to take home was minus the turkey! She gave me everything but! So Jerry has to this point at 11:00 Friday night, not had a lick of Turkey.

3. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    This turkey...? :)

4. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    OK, I'm about to share with you the recipe for the world's greatest sandwich. It's yours' for free, but if I ever hear of of ANY of you using this sandwich for financial gain, there will be trouble, I promise you.

(This sandwich assumes that the user prepares a "normal", or "traditional" turkey dinner. No fancy-style stuffings, glazes, mixes or any crap like that.)

Now, you're going to be making a grilled cheese sandwich. There's no need to get crazy with your bread or cheese. Good old white bread and Kraft slices will do, although fresh sliced mild cheddar is good too. Between the slices of cheese, put some turkey and stuffing. Cooking this sandwich is somewhat of an art for two reasons. First, it's taller than usual, which makes spillage possible. Don't worry about appearances--it'll taste just as good. The second reason is that you have to learn to cook it so that the turkey and stuffing get heated, but without over-cooking the cheese. See what I mean? Yeah. Right now I'm jonesing for one, since we ate at the inlaws and didn't bring any leftovers home. Anyway, have fun with this sandwich. Don't be afraid to make a mess, and happy eating!

5. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
  6. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LOL, Test...

7. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Or this one...

8. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    We always make gumbo w/ our leftover turkey. Throw it in with some sausage and other gumbo stuff, you're in business.

9. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    A buddy of mine is a production manager at Foster Farms. On Thanksgiving, all he wants is prime rib!..Gee, go figure!

10. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Turducken?

11. abarre

abarre Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2003
    Go for the gumbo! We always do that on Friday after Thanksgiving. Make a stock with your fried turkey carcass, start a roux with trinity and andouille. Ladle in the stock. Dump is some Tony Cachere's. Finish with some file' and put it on a bowl of rice with a dollop of potato salad and french bread. Cest si bon!

12. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills

An Irish friend of mine had these words:

Bubble and Squeak.