R/C Cars | FerrariChat

R/C Cars

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Gilles27, Nov 29, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Any of you have one? I've got a '99 Mc Laren chassis that I built (Tamiya 1:10) but never bought a radio for it. Just curious if anyone has a recommendation.

2. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I have a HPI AWD SUPER NITRO RS4. I'll post pics later. The car is quick but very messy with nitro fuel. This is the first gas car I've owned. I've concidered getting a electric road car again, I had many over the years but I don't have time for them now. I can pick up an extra radio cheap, check EBAY or www.Towerhobbies.com

3. BigDog

BigDog Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    under the sea!
    i used to be a R\C car guy...

i had a traxxas stampede, a traxxas t-maxx, and now have a tamiya terra crusher and a HPI Mini RS4 (ferrari 360)...

the HPI Mini RS4 is fun to toss around the basement and chase my dog.... fun times for rainy days :D

4. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    #4 F40, Nov 29, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    #5 F40, Nov 29, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    I have an HPI gas RS4 Lamborghini Diablo.

7. cohiba_man

cohiba_man Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2003
    Canada
    Full Name:
    John
    I have a Traxxas T-maxx.

As for the radio system, Futaba makes good systems, for crystals go with Performance Devices, they're are no question the best quality out there and the cheapest. www.performancedevices.com

8. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Cohiba_man..Thanks for the plug! This thread is right up my alley! If any of you guys would like to try out a set of my company's R/C crystals, please drop me an email at [email protected]. Please let me know the radio (Hitec, Futaba, JR, Airtronics and all 27MHz AM) and the channel you would like along with your needs for AM or FM. I will send you a comp set. Please type in FCHAT R/C Crystals in the subject line. Yes, they are great. My crystals are near Military Standard Spec. I have created a price model that really busts the radio manufacturers in the chops for charging such high prices for crystals over the last thirty years!

Thanks!
    Pete
    www.performancedevices.com

9. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Formula 3

Apr 20, 2002
    How ironic that this thread would come up. I just back into RC cars after being out for about 10 years. I just picked up a Team Losi Triple-XT Matt Francis edition stadium racing truck. The radio I got to go with it is a Futaba Magnum 2PL. It was about $70 (1 servo). It has several different programming parameters (including anti lock brakes!) and will store settings for 10 models. So as I add to my collection again I can use one radio. :)

10. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Not really into cars, I do fly quite a bit. I have three gas sport planes, a 3 & a 3.5Meter glass sailplane. This spring, I may get the 8th scale Miss Bud boat. The bummer is that with my business, I don't have a great deal of time to enjoy them!

11. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    My first R/C was a Tamiya "Quick Drive" RTR 1/10 F40. It was a blast for what it was. I then stepped up to Nitro! Man that is a blast. I bought a Traxxas Nitro 4-Tec. 2spd trans, AWD (street car). Out the box it is supposed to run 50-60 mph, but there are a number of upgrade gear ratios. I've been putting off buying the 200mm F50 GT body for too long now. ;) Now I'm thinking of a nitro deep-vee offshore boat. BTW, I've found www.towerhobbies.com to be very competitive. They carry just about everything for R/C. (And models/diecast too).

Dave