2005 C6 Corvette | FerrariChat

2005 C6 Corvette

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by funshipone, Nov 29, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. funshipone

funshipone Formula Junior

Jan 2, 2002
    Harrison Twp. Mi. US
    Full Name:
    John Bicsak
    I was wondering has anyone seen spy shots and information of new Corvette on Corvetteforum.com what thoughts may you have about car.

2. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    There are some spy photos somewhere on FChat that I saw. I saw THE SAME pictures from a Chevrolet Representative last weekend at the Chevy/Vettefest in Chicago. He said that the 2005's will be coming out THIS Spring,and,If I wanted one,(I do) I "could put down a deposit to get one at Sticker!" Yeah. Right. I'll wait until all of the Boys who want to be the first one on the Block to have one.,get theirs. Then,when the dust settles,get one. Also,a good thing to wait and see what,if any,bugs may arise. But,they definitely look very cool. And,supposed to start at 400H.P. And,only slightly more $$ than the '04's.

3. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Its a lot better looking than the C5. I'm waiting for the Z06 to come out. I hope they make a Z06 convertible this time

4. ART360

ART360 Guest

The 06 is supposed to have 450 HP,3100#s. Will eat most fcars, but so what.

Art

5. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Ive heard 500hp, the new Z06 is supposed to stomp the Viper. Ive also heard the Z06 will have a CF body, possibly an aluminum frame & there may be a super Corvette called the Chaparal, COurse weve heard that dream for a L-O-N-G time. Course the ZR! & the Z06 are cool but the Chapparal Ive heard they will build under 1,500 to stomp the Ford GT. The gossip said they would only sell to SCCA liscenced drivers

6. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    I wouldn't count on it. Z06 is supposed to cater to the track use owner. A convert is not a good platform for a track car oreinted car.I think people are chopping the current Z06's though. That'll probably be the only route.

7. TCM

TCM Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Tyngsborough, MA
    I agree with aawil in that the Z06 will never be a convertible due to the track oriented nature of the car. That being said, it is going to be a monster. Bob Lutz has let it be known that the Z06 will be the quickest American sports car out there. His list included the Viper and Ford GT!!

8. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    I was just thinking about what this new Z06 might run the 1/4 in? The current car runs say a mid 12. The new car will have a 100 more hp plus maybe a little less weight.I wonder if high 11's are possible? Getting it to hook up right will probably be tough.

9. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Lets just hope that while they were getting more power out of the engine and making the body look nice that they didnt forget to work on the interior!

10. Stickanddice

Stickanddice Formula 3

Nov 2, 2002
    Absolutely. As a current C5 Corvette owner I could not agree more. The crap interiors irritate me to no end. I guess I'm in the minority here. I actually like the C5s looks better.

Chapparral sounds SWEEEET! Hope they don't butcher the name if they decide to go ahead with it.

Cheers

11. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I also like the C5 exterior more, but i will have to see the C6 in person before i really decide. From the pics ive seen, it looks like gm's stylists or designers or whatever they are called tried to make the car have sharper edges, but also try to retain the curves of the C5. Pick one guy- edges or curves, not both!

As for the C6 interior, lets hope some stuff from the $75k+ XLR found its way into the C6. the pics in the current issue of i think C&D look pretty nice.

12. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    There are plenty of options too many really. DVD navigation, Dot Matrix programable HUD(can't wait to see this one),keyless access and ignition with push button start(like xlr),heated seats,power convert top option.Engine is now a 6.0L LS2. Hopefully the new interior will live up to the hype.

13. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I'd like to see a factory Z06 competition coupe similair to the Viper